ms Amsterdam and Volendam in Juneau June 21, 2019

Scrapnana

The first day of summer brings two HAL ships to Juneau.  Amsterdam will be at the FKL dock (an unusual spot for a HAL ship) from 0800-2200 and Volendam will be at the AS dock from 1300-2200.

Also in port are Disney Wonder at the AJ dock from 0645-1645 and Seabourn Sojourn at the CT dock from 1100-2200.

A lovely summer day is in store for Juneau with a mostly sunny day.  High is predicted to be 69F/21C and the low 54F/12C.  Sunrise is at 3:51 am and sunset at 10:08 pm.

The PTZtv webcam can be found at https://www.juneauharborwebcam.com/.

Next up:  Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam on Monday.

7 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Disney Wonder arriving but she won't block the view.  Amsterdam shows 0.3 kt which seems a bit fast for an anchored shipso she may be starting to move.

Roy

Looks like it may be her normal 11 o'clock arrival in the harbor. But considering she has to go to Franklyn dock maybe a little earlier..

I wonder if this is a switch like last year - a Seabourn needed to load last year - so took the moveable dock instead of FRK then - also. I'm trying to remember the details.

4 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

Looks like it may be her normal 11 o'clock arrival in the harbor. But considering she has to go to Franklyn dock maybe a little earlier..

I wonder if this is a switch like last year - a Seabourn needed to load last year - so took the moveable dock instead of FRK then - also. I'm trying to remember the details.

The difference is that this year it's planned.  I think last year Seabourn just pulled up to Amsterdam's dock.

Roy

Interesting little tidbit on the webcam.  Since I'm on the free version I get all kinds of ads.  The last 2 cays one of the ads in the space between the view and the map there's a little HAL panel "7-day Authentic Cuba from $709".  I've also strangely gotten ads there for ad blockers.

Roy

4 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Interesting little tidbit on the webcam.  Since I'm on the free version I get all kinds of ads.  The last 2 cays one of the ads in the space between the view and the map there's a little HAL panel "7-day Authentic Cuba from $709".  I've also strangely gotten ads there for ad blockers.

Roy

Especially since Cuba cruises are no more.

Great zoom and a very nice job parking in a tight spot.  Looks like St. Nicholas is headed for a rendezvous with Volendam.  Passengers have a nearly perfect day in Juneau.

Back later.

Roy

2 minutes ago, rafinmd said:

Not sure if this means a delay or not but Volendam is virtually stopped at the Tracy Arm entry and I don't see a tour boat nearby yet.

Roy

Thanks for the warning - there's still quite a bit of time.But we also need a tour boat before she can proceed to Juneau.

4 minutes ago, Happily@Sea said:

Thanks for the warning - there's still quite a bit of time.But we also need a tour boat before she can proceed to Juneau.

It's possible the tour boat just isn't showing up on AIS.  I just rechecked and Volendam is back up to speed.

Roy

Edited by rafinmd
Update