Why some cruise lines removed St. Barts from itinerary?

Wyoming2010

Anyone know why some cruise lines have suddenly taken St. Barts off their cruise itineraries?  We are sailing on Oceania and just found out they changed St. Barts to St. Maarten.  When I looked at all their Caribbean itineraries, St. Barts has been taken off all of them.  Just wondering if something happened.  Thanks.  

Edited by Wyoming2010

They have not been removed from all of them.  We are still scheduled to go to St. Barts in December on Oceania.  I read on one forum that they had committed to taking up some slack for the cruise lines with regard to Cuba but once all stops to Cuba were cancelled that they changed their mind.  I have no idea if that is true.  

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 10:34 AM, aquidneck1 said:

They have not been removed from all of them.  We are still scheduled to go to St. Barts in December on Oceania.  I read on one forum that they had committed to taking up some slack for the cruise lines with regard to Cuba but once all stops to Cuba were cancelled that they changed their mind.  I have no idea if that is true.  

What's interesting is if you pick "plan a cruise" and then drop down the menu for ports, St. Barts isn't listed at all.  I do see it on some schedules for 2020, too, but all of the Insignia itineraries have dropped it .

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Love SB.  Stayed there years ago. Got to hotel at top of Gustavia and unit had its own plunge pool .Rented a scooter for a week and did a different beach each day. Beaches usually empty.   SB is very French, pricey and exclusive. Shop owner told me they hate cruisers.

• Haha 1