Would you use self-serve laundry if they had it?

Would you use self-serve laundry if they had it?  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use self-serve laundry if they had it?

• Absolutely yes!
    • No way!
    • Probably
    • Probably not

No way, no way, no way!!! I pack enough for everyday. And I pack 2 pairs of undies for everyday (sorry if thats TMI). And if by chance I need something cleaned, I let them do it. I don't even do it at home though. That is what cleaners were invented for. (and fluff & fold)

Arghhhh. I barely keep up with my laundry at home...why would I even THINK of doing it on a cruiseship?

As for the wife with the hubby with the dirty undies....where's your sense of romance? Maybe he wants to try out "commando" and that is his way of telling you.

See, this is why I am single....I will NEVER EVER be responsible for some man's dirty underwear. God, dealing with my own is bad enough! ROFL

Tracy

Arghhhh. I barely keep up with my laundry at home...why would I even THINK of doing it on a cruiseship?

As for the wife with the hubby with the dirty undies....where's your sense of romance? Maybe he wants to try out "commando" and that is his way of telling you.

See, this is why I am single....I will NEVER EVER be responsible for some man's dirty underwear. God, dealing with my own is bad enough! ROFL

Tracy

I am so with you Tracy! Fluff & Fold is a wonderful thing.:D

I think what a lot of people are not considering about this, comes from doing their own laundry at home.

This begs me to remind people of when they had to use a public laundry. People will leave their clothes in the washer and dryer, while others could not use them, which would be the next thing people would be complaining about.;)

Then we'd have laundry hogs.:D

Absolutely! What's the big deal about walking down a corridor, throwing the laundry in a machine and collecting it 40 minutes later? Hardly going down to the river and scrubbing it against the rocks is it?;)

Our last few cruises have been on Princess where laundries come as standard and I usually make use of them at least once. We do tend to go on longer cruises but even if you are only cruising for a week, you can throw it all in on the last day and come home without the horror of the "I'm back from my wonderful cruise and now the kitchen floor is knee-deep in laundry" scenario! Also it is so handy to have an ironing board available, especially the way I pack:D

Sue

We are doing a B2B in April, cruising for 22 days, away from home for 26 days.

It would be great if RCI did have self serve laundries. I'm seriously thinking of going to a SS laundry in Fort Lauderdale, ( 11 days of laundry), it means I do not have to pack enough clothes to last the entire cruise. Travelling from the UK, we are only allowed 2pcs of luggage each, each weighing 25 kilos so...........;)

you can throw it all in on the last day and come home without the horror of the "I'm back from my wonderful cruise and now the kitchen floor is knee-deep in laundry" scenario!

I would so much rather deal with the "horror" at home than on the cruise. Same laundry...might as well not waste a minute of my vacation dealing with it. Well, except for trying to shove it all back in my suitcase! :)

Tracy

I've done laundry on Carnival cruises. I was surprised to find that Royal does not have self serve laundry areas. It doesn't take a lot of time to wash and dry a load of clothes and it cuts down on packing. I've even met some fun people while in the laundry room.

Sandy

Not a chance!! I'm on vacation and my vacations don't include doing laundry. If I got something dirty that I really needed, I'd send it to the laundry service for cleaning, for the few dollars it would cost me.

I would use it! I'm doing a 12 day cruise this fall, with extra days tacked on before and after, and that's a lot of clothes. I hate taking a lot of stuff, so I'd love to be able to do laundry. I'm planning on bringing soap to do a little hand laundry along the way.

As for doing laundry sucking up your vacation time, I find that I have little spaces of time on a cruise where I'm not doing anything so I could do it then. I don't feel that I have to go to every single activity offered. But that's just me!

When we (husband, two older boys and myself) did our Alaskan cruise, we did a pre-cruise of several days. HAL had laundry facilities so I planned on washing during one of the sea days as overall we were going to be gone two weeks and the clothes for an Alaskan cruise are a lot bulkier than for a Caribbean cruise so the suitcases were filled fast. I discovered that a lot of other people planned the same thing. Finding an unused machine required multiple trips to the wash room and they were small. It took two loads of to do underwear, socks, knit shirts. I was still looking at at least two loads of jeans to do. After eyeballing them, I decided they were not dirty just had been worn twice. So, I put them in the dryer which was free with a freshner sheet. My "boys" never knew the difference (lol).

Just finished a two week Panama Canal cruise and had no problem packing all the clothes we needed in three 26" suitcases. You can wear those dark shorts, pants, knit shirts twice if needed. Those things that planned to wear again, I put in zip-lock bags with a freshner/softner sheet until the next wearing.

Absolutely Not! In fact, at the end of February I'm going on a 10 day cruise after being away from home for 4 days taking the bar exam. I'm bringing all my laundry with me and sending it out to be done - and looking forward to NOT having to do it myself.

Count me as a "NO WAY". I am happy to take enough clothes and wear some more than once. We go next week to the Panama

Canal for 11 days and in the fall to the Med. and Greek Isles plus pre cruise and post cruise days= 23days. DH and I will take enough clothes. I am on vacation!!!!

Archived