Would you use self-serve laundry if they had it?

Would you use self-serve laundry if they had it?  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use self-serve laundry if they had it?

• Absolutely yes!
    • No way!
    • Probably
    • Probably not

I have a husband who never seems to pack enough underwear when we cruise. He forgets that we shower twice a day, I think. At any rate, I always have to launder stuff for him and, yes, I'd prefer to do it myself than send it out. So I'd probably use the self-serve machines.

Or maybe I'll just throw extra stuff in his bag and solve the problem that way! LOL

In DS's younger days, he did have the occasional "accident" while sleeping, and on two occasions, during two different cruises back when he was 7, I did find my way to the self-service machines that Disney Cruise Line has. Interesting to see maintenance and cleaning truly going on 'round the clock while hanging out during the wash cycle. I'd packed a roll of quarters, a ziploc baggie with some dryer sheets, and a few Tide detergent tablets (since discontinued, but they were convenient as heck) on a just in case basis, and was very glad I did.

Other than that...i try to pack too much so that it would not be an issue, so probably not was my response.

We did a Princess cruise last October and believe it or not...we loved having the laundry and ironiing available. We even had free laundry service but there were 3 times that that we needed quick touch ups and it was great to be able to scoot down to the laundry and fix the problem. This is a good service and should be offered on RCI.

ROSS

I pack enough clothes for a week if I am taking a week long cruise. I just took a 13 day cruise and there was no way I could bring 13 days worth of clothes for this cruise. Half way through I had to wash clothes and it was not fun. I would have loved laundry facilities. Those little sinks suck when you have to do a decent amount of laundry. Plus letting them air dry is an annoyance. Drying clothes were always in the way. I know I could have payed to have my clothes cleaned but I just can't see spending that money.

I have to agree with you--a short cruise isn't a problem, but a longer one requires too much stuff. It'd be nice to have an easy way to wash and dry a few things. I know I'm on vacation, but I don't think laundry is that much of a chore, (as long as I'm not scrubbing it on a rock or something!)

Most other cruise lines we've traveled with have had laundry facilities. I'm REALLY going to miss it on this upcoming trip.

We're going to spending an additional week at Disney World after the cruise...and it's going to be difficult packing 2 weeks worth of clothes.

Sometimes, they offer laundry deals though - they provide a bag...and they will launder and fold the full bag for a set price (like $10.00 or something). That works out great for undies and socks.

NO way!! I can do laundry at home. I am not big on wearing the same outfits more than once on a cruise, so I don't mind taking a variety of clothes. But I am not about to take time to run back and forth to the laundry, I'd just send it out if I needed something cleaned. Or I'll just buy something new...it's a great excuse to shop also.:)

Just off Carnival Liberty and had stateroom directly across the hall from the "Self Servide Laundry Facility". I was so worried that it was going to be a circus right outside my door. Never saw anyone using it - what a happy surprise! I do think it is a good idea though, just maybe not a couple on every deck.

On one of our cruises with RCI, I had a pair of white pants that I had played golf in a lot. Naturally, they had stains around the right hand pocket and the bottom of the legs. Even after using stain remover and many washings, the stains would not come out. We sent them to the onboard laundry and they came back looking like they just came off the store rack. We figure that if we can afford to go on a cruise, we can spend the few extra $$ to send anything we need to have cleaned to the ship's laundry. We don't cruise to do household chores on the ship.

Even if I don't run out of clothes, I'd like to come home from vacation and not have to do a week's worth of laundry for 2 people. We go to the Outer Banks and always have laundry facilities. I find it very convenient, it doesn't take that long to do a little.

On Carnival they do have laundry facilities and with 2 kids I did do laundry on a week long cruise mid-week. No biggie if you have a balcony cabin.......just reading on the balcony and watching the ocean sail by makes the task no chore at all. Wish I could do laundry at home that way!

We did a 14 day cruise and found no need to waste time on laundry. And if I felt the need to wash undies, I carry a little detergent and hand wash them, but I did bring quite enough so I did not run out of anything. Besides sometimes a pair of slacks can be worn more than once.

I would have to say that I would use them.

I hate packing tons of stuff for the family - to be able to wash the clothes would be wonderful!!

It's at home I would like someone to do it for me (at least put it away!:rolleyes: )

Absolutely! Having sailed on cruise lines that do have facilities...it's so nice to be able to do laundry and come home with clean clothes.

Really nice for a longer cruise too. I suppose the best part for me is, my DH is the one who likes to do it...so it's no time lost on my part! ;-)

Archived