Would you use self-serve laundry if they had it?

Would you use self-serve laundry if they had it?  

393 members have voted

1. 1. Would you use self-serve laundry if they had it?

• Absolutely yes!
    • No way!
    • Probably
    • Probably not

NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO,NO, And if you do not understand, NO!

Vacation is for fun, not laundry. Stay home and watch videos for vacation. Cruising is for being pampered and eating anything you want and not having to drive home drunk!

Our last cruise was on Radisson Seven Seas, a 12-dayer to the Med. We used the self-serve laundry a couple of times. If we'd had to pack everything that we would need to NOT do laundry, we would have had way too much luggage. Also, I'm a runner, and like DonLou up there, I get tired of having to rinse out my running clothes. I would toss the laundry in the wash at the beginning of my run up on the jogging track, switch it to the dryer midway through, and by the time I got done with my run it was done! So it took no time away from my cruise enjoyment.

I'd much rather be able to pack lighter and wash my clothes.

LeeAnne

I would have to say no way. Last year, we took a vacation with my husband's sister and family. We always pack enough, I am the over packer from he**. She spent VALUABLE DISNEY time doing laundry. I had issue with this. I always over pack, and unless you are smelly nasty, you can rinse it out in the sink and hang whatever it is on a hanger on the balcony if you have one. Or wear it again! Who besides you keeps track?

I hope RC is reading these boards, I am a yes vote, not that I want to do laundry on vacation, but woul;d be great for the longer cruises we have started to take, cant believe with the new ships coming ouot, and gearing toward families they do not have laundry rooms, would make packing so much easier

o poop I thought they already had them.:o

We are vacationing throughout the States before we board the Vision in Feb and where depending on being able to do our laundry the day we got onboard.:rolleyes:

To date we have always cruised on Princess and used this facility, due to the fact that we come from a country so far away from everything our standard vacation is normally around 3 weeks and it definately helps to keep the luggage to a minimum.:eek:

Hmmm my vote is definately yes.

I vote yes! Living in a state without direct access to an Ocean, I usually fly to my cruise port. With the weight restrictions for luggage and taking a 12 to 18 day cruise I always find myself limiting the number of pairs of shoes I can fit in within the 50 lbs per suitcase limit. If I could wash little things like undies and T-shirts, I could pack 1/2 as many of those and at least 2 more pairs of shoes!:D

I am on a vacation and the last thing I would want to do is my laundry. On the other hand, I would probably do it the last day before we pack. This way when we get home I have no laundry to worry about besides all the other worries with food shopping and bills. It would be one less thing to worry about.

I'd just like to be able to deal with the inevitable spill as soon as possible and/or do a small batch of underwear mid-week. I certainly wouldn't waste my week stuck in the laundry room!!! (unless the bar waiters made regular visits!!)

No Way!!!

When I was on Princess a couple of years ago I planned to use the laundry facilities. However, the machines on my floor and two nearby floors were out of service, so me and about four floors of people were competing for the machines about three floors below me. Anyway, I finally did get to wash my load, but I ended up doing it one night during dinner, cause that was the only time the machines were empty. I really needed to do laundry and it would have cost a fortune to send it all out, since I basically counted on the facilities being availble. To make a long story short, I will never force myself into that situation again. I'd rather bring along an extra suitcase of clothes. Really!!!

Shellie

Yes, absolutely! I would love to be able to do at least one load to come home to less clothes to wash after a week. It takes a day just to recooperate from vacation, especially having to clean and do laundry too! I would do two loads or more if I could on the last day!

On a 7 day cruise, I can get by without doing laundry. For more than that, I think a laundry room would be a nice feature. We were on the Brilliance for a 12-day cruise in October with a couple days precruise in Barcelona. I ended up having to send some clothes out for washing. Prices were high, although I already knew that from the website.

I think for a long cruise, I would like the option to do a load, but I wouldn't wash everything.

We are a family of four and the shipboard laundry can get very expensive. I don't mind doing laundry and since I'm a nightowl I just do the laundry around 11:00. We've used the self service laundries on both Carnival and Disney and were very glad to be able to pack less.

I have only cruised once on a ship that had self-serve laundry. I had no problem getting access to wash 2 loads. On RCCL I usually have them launder my "travel" outfit and a few other things. I like to fly in comfort (or drive)-so I have some specific soft comfy outfits and I wear one and have it laundered so I can wear a fresh outfit home. Just my preference--clean clothes on a flight. Less stuff packed.

We have been on a back to back for 2 weeks and had smelly work out clothes for too long hanging around. Now with an 11 night in a month it would be nice just to wash one load of those things. I certainly wouldn't spend a lot of time doing it though and never on a 7 night or shorter.

yes, I love the idea of having a laundry. With airlines lowering the weight of luggage you can't possibally take enough clothes. So for the few $ to do a couple loads of washing, has to be cheaper than paying the airlines major $ for overweight luggage

Archived