Binoculars, clocks and umbrellas

Grandma Cruising

1 hour ago, SoBaycruiser said:

I like knowing what time it is if I’m having trouble sleeping.  With so many hotels (and apparently Azamara) now having an outlet or USB ports on the night stand, I purchased clock that can plug into either.  It’s a little heavier than I’d like ...about 2/3 lb,... but I love that it has two easy wheels on the back that allow me to adjust the brightness of the light and the volume level of the alarm.  Very simple to use.

https://www.amazon.com/DreamSky-Compact-Charging-Adjustable-Brightness/dp/B07FN8HL5S

Thanks now checking Amazon UK for an equivalent but that’s exactly what I need. 

• Like 1

I was on the Quest in May in Alaska and the first thing I noticed was that the clock was gone.    It was frequently frustrating throughout the cruise not to be able to check the time at a glance.    The Binoculars were still there.  I didn't notice about the umbrellas.     I did notice that there was always big bowls of fruit in the windows cafe at the buffet which I made good use of.

I always turn my phone off overnight when cruising, otherwise Telstra, our provider will wake me at stupid o'clock to let me know we have moved from one country to another and detail all the extra charges I could incur . . . every damn time, which is almost daily in the Mediterranean.

Apparently they are unable to not send those annoying repeat messages.

So, obviously I would like the clocks to come back!

A clock is a basic need in my humble opinion. I cant read my wristwatch in the dark. Yep I can fumble around for my phone, but I'd much rather just be able to glance at an illuminated clock. 

9 hours ago, Baynanno1 said:

I always turn my phone off overnight when cruising, otherwise Telstra, our provider will wake me at stupid o'clock to let me know we have moved from one country to another and detail all the extra charges I could incur . . . every damn time, which is almost daily in the Mediterranean.

Apparently they are unable to not send those annoying repeat messages.

So, obviously I would like the clocks to come back!

No need to turn your phone off to not get your provider messages, just turn you Mobile Data and Mobile Roaming office (on iPhone, your phone clock will still work and you can adjust the time zone or time manually under General - Date & Time.  I sleep much better onboard when I'm not looking at a clock everytime I wake.  Just my experience and offered as help for your phone situation. Never did quite get setting the correct time on the ship clocks mastered......

• Like 2

I'm sorry but I'm having trouble with all this attention and stressing out over clocks and binoculars.  No cruise line that I've been on has binoculars that are worth seeing through, I always bring my own. As far as clocks, LL Bean makes a really cheap battery operated travel clock that folds up flat, very small, and takes up no space in luggage.  It has alarm and also backlight feature, if you wake up in the dark, just touch the clock and it lights up with the time.  It goes on every trip with me. Take your own  little travel clock and enjoy a worry-free trip!!  🙄

Sue

• Like 4