Binoculars, clocks and umbrellas

Grandma Cruising

In the ‘Tips for Azamara Newbies’ topic a few people who have recently completed cruises on the Pursuit have said that there were no binoculars, umbrellas or clocks in their cabin. I checked the website and binoculars and umbrellas are still on the included list in the cabin description.

Bonnie, I wonder if it would be possible for you to find out whether these three items should be in Pursuit cabins?

3 minutes ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

In the ‘Tips for Azamara Newbies’ topic a few people who have recently completed cruises on the Pursuit have said that there were no binoculars, umbrellas or clocks in their cabin. I checked the website and binoculars and umbrellas are still on the included list in the cabin description.

Bonnie, I wonder if it would be possible for you to find out whether these three items should be in Pursuit cabins?

A umbrella was still in our wardrobe last week, the clock and the very poor binoculars have gone, I believe for good.

Edited by Bloodaxe

1 minute ago, Bloodaxe said:

A umbrella was still in our wardrobe last week, the clock and the very poor binoculars has gone, I believe for good.

If that’s the case, Azamara need to amend their cabin description (although I agree with you they were very poor!)

Edited by Host Grandma Cruising

1 minute ago, JK300 said:

A clock is necessary, I think.

I agree, when this was raised on Pursuit last November the response was in my view unacceptable- guest use mobile phones as.clocks and we have put usbs by the bed.

One (of many) reasons this is ridiculous on a cruise ship- it’s almost impossible to keep a mobile phone on ships time through the night when going through voyages of frequent time changes. I’m NOT a fan of the current complex clocks on Journey and Quest but please bring back a simple equivalent on Pursuit 

• Like 1

I answered in the tips thread.  I'm pretty sure that you now have to ask at Guest Relations to borrow binoculars, but they are still available.  The quality of them though is very poor.  You are better off bringing your own if you can.  Anything you buy has to be better than the awful optics of those provided. 

Phil

I miss the clocks on Pursuit.  Having to find/switch on your phone isn't the same as being able to glance at a clock.  The ones on Journey and Quest, whilst complicated do at least have big letters and the room attendants adjust them for time changes. I also find the temperature read out useful. 

Phil

• Like 3

41 minutes ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I miss the clocks on Pursuit.  Having to find/switch on your phone isn't the same as being able to glance at a clock.  The ones on Journey and Quest, whilst complicated do at least have big letters and the room attendants adjust them for time changes. I also find the temperature read out useful. 

Phil

I also miss the interactive T.V to keep track of my account, not everyone is happy to use the phone app, I suppose it's classed as progress.

I believe that they have no intention of installing it on Pursuit.

I wonder if it will be removed from the other ships

Edited by Bloodaxe

14 minutes ago, Bloodaxe said:

I also miss the interactive T.V to keep track of my account, not everyone is happy to use the phone app, I suppose it's classed as progress.

I do hope not 

Just now, Bloodaxe said:

It's not just that. There are no movies or free videos on Pursuit and no ability to order from room service or look at menus. Hopefully they will get a new provider so all three ships can have that. Interactive TV, seems crazy not to have it. 

Phil 

• Like 2

I always bring a battery-powered alarm clock and an umbrella with me on trips, and haven't had a need for binoculars yet. (My DH travels with his.)

I agree that the description of the amenities should be correct.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Host Grandma Cruising said:

I'll see what management of Hotel Department is planning.

We have had three cruises on Quest since last October and there are no binoculars, clocks or umbrellas in the room. One day it was raining so we went to guest services and asked for an umbrella they said there in the room or call our steward. Which we did and it took him about 15 minutes to bring an umbrella. I thought there were clocks when we had been on the Journey and I do miss them, instead I  have to fumble with my watch on the night stand and push a button to find out the time. Its like the final statement that they used to email now there is nothing, take a picture of your TV or go the desk on the last morning to get a print out. To us it seems a slow decline from what it was in 2017.

We no longer provide binoculars nor clocks in the staterooms or suites.  May I ask where on our website or other literature it says they will be in the rooms? I will forward to be corrected.

Yes, Umbrellas are provided. Our Hotel Department will inquire to see if some are missing.

I’m fine with no clock or binoculars.  Cell phones are so easy to use as a clock and are always the right time.  It is the way of the future.  For those who prefer a clock it’s simple to bring one.  

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Whitby100 said:

I’m fine with no clock or binoculars.  Cell phones are so easy to use as a clock and are always the right time.  It is the way of the future.  For those who prefer a clock it’s simple to bring one.  

But the trouble is it’s not. We had bitter experience of that on Pursuit Transatlantic where the ship was changing time zone st different points to the phone. Was an hour late for an event as a result.

Sorry but I’m in the camp of wanting the clocks reinstated 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, BBMacLaird said:

We no longer provide binoculars nor clocks in the staterooms or suites.  May I ask where on our website or other literature it says they will be in the rooms? I will forward to be corrected.

Yes, Umbrellas are provided. Our Hotel Department will inquire to see if some are missing.

I don’t see any mention of clocks on the website, however in the stateroom description (looked at an interior) under complimentary stateroom features, it says “use of umbrellas and binoculars”. This is on the US site.

6 minutes ago, Mrs.Dukes said:

I don’t see any mention of clocks on the website, however in the stateroom description (looked at an interior) under complimentary stateroom features, it says “use of umbrellas and binoculars”. This is on the US site.

Thank you Mrs Dukes. 

1 hour ago, Mrs.Dukes said:

I always bring binoculars to watch a golf tournament. Had I not been reading this thread I would have been out of luck for the Open Championship.