L Shaped rooms on CARNIVAL GLORY

Mysticalbama

Has anyone been in one of the L shaped rooms on the back of the ship? It looks bigger. I have had both balcony, oceanview and interior rooms and know the setup there. I have booked a interior room this next trip but saw the L shaped on deck 2 available and wondered if it is worth the 180 to change rooms? 

5 hours ago, Mysticalbama said:

Has anyone been in one of the L shaped rooms on the back of the ship? It looks bigger. I have had both balcony, oceanview and interior rooms and know the setup there. I have booked a interior room this next trip but saw the L shaped on deck 2 available and wondered if it is worth the 180 to change rooms? 

No way would I change...but if you were able to get one of the four 8A balconies with the bowling alley 6442, 6450, 6473 or 6481 or one of the two 8B's 7434 or 7437 for a reasonable price, then you have something worth upgrading.

I have stayed in the "L" shaped cabins many times.  The balcony on these rooms is much longer and has more space.  While the room seems to be the same, it is oddly configured, with the bathroom being in a different place.  It's across the room, not in the hallway as you walk into the room.  I have read that some people complain about that, but we loved it.  I would say go for it!  The larger balcony for the same regular balcony price is WELL worth it!

We have also had L-shaped cabins on a few ships.  Love the longer balcony, as there is also a lounge chair on it.  However, we have never had a sofa in our cabin, if this would make a difference to you.  Also, cabins on deck 6 are also right over the comedy club, so if you are bothered by noise at night, this might not be a cabin for you.  If you have an L cabin on deck 8 you may be woken up early morning by scrapping noise as they set the lounge chairs up.  We always try to get deck 7 as it is sandwiched between cabins.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Mysticalbama said:

The original poster is referring to an L-shaped cabin on deck 2 aft. That is OV cabin, not a balcony cabin.

Edited by tandemcruzr
spelling