Excursion from Galvistion

Wolf19

My husband and I have a late flight going out of Houston the day we dock on Carnival Freedom. Carnival has posted any excursion as of yet any ideas out there on spending time in Houston  instead of hanging around the airport. Our flight doesn't leave until 7:30 PM       

When I cruised out of Galveston last year we stopped at the train museum prior to the cruise. You can do that when you get back. Although I think we only took about an hour, maybe an hour and a half there. We had dropped off our luggage, and then only walked over to the museum with our rolling carry on. But the people at the train museum kept it for us while we toured the area. 

One thing that we did do prior to leaving on our flight (that also was later in the day upon returning) is we went to have some food. The shuttle service that was taking us to the airport left us to eat a restaurant while he dropped other people at the other airport. He then came back to get us to take us to our departure airport. 

From what I recall seeing is that there are other general points of interest there near the port that you can look up and spend some time at. You can go over to a place called the cruise stop and they will hang on to your luggage while you site see for a fee. 

If I were looking to kill time in Galveston, I would look into the Ocean Star offshore oil rig museum tours.

http://www.oceanstaroec.com/

Kind of in between Galveston and Houston...I went to Space Center Houston the day before my cruise in Feb.

https://saintgregtravel.com/vista-space-center-houston/

You didn't mention which airport you are using. If Hobby(HOU), it's much closer to Galveston (45 minutes plus) whereas Bush Intercontinental (IAH) is more like 75 minutes from Galveston. If you stay in Galveston there is a place where you can leave your luggage. Also, it looks like you need transportation, so do you want to get transportation to someplace away from Galveston (NASA or other places) and then transportation to the airport. There is plenty to do in Galveston. Remember, Houston is really spread out, so staying on the small Galveston Island also saves you from running all over the place. 😳

Enjoy the area ! 

Some of the fun things to do . 

Galveston area is major tourist destination with much cultural  charm , historical properties , many  museums , Nature Tourism , festivals and events . See Moody Gardens , ,Pleasure Pier , Pier 21 ,  Moody Mansion  , Bishops Palace , Train Museum ,  Elissa Tall Ship , Dolphin Tour, La Kings Confectioners, 3 short films at Maritime Museum, Oil Rig Museum , Bryan Museum , Naval Museum , and  some of 2nd largest number of Victorian homes in US , carriage rides , tours , Old Town Strand , NASA , Kemah Boardwalk , 32 miles of beach and on and on . 

Near terminals and close to walk to

Restaurants and shops , 

Pier 21  , Train Museum ,  Elissa Tall Ship , Dolphin Tour, La Kings Confectioners, 3 short historical films at Maritime Museum, Oil Rig Museum ,  Old Town Strand , Elissa TallShip , 1894 Grand Opera House 

Short distance are Bryan Museum , Bishops Palace and Moody Mansion , Pleasure Pier . 

Edited by ssb