Trouble printing documents

DukeASUGirl

I saved my boarding pass and luggage tags onto a memory stick and then tried to print them, but all that printed was the bus icon where it says that I didn't order ground transportation from the airport. Nothing else printed. Has anyone had that happen before?

What should I do? Can you get into the terminal with it on your phone? If you have the room number, can they create luggage tags for you? I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I use this printer all the time and this didn't happen the last time I printed Carnival boarding docs.

10 minutes ago, riffatsea said:

Why would you save them instead of just printing them out??

Just print them again.

Because our printer is upstairs and isn't networked to the laptop, so we always have to save to a memory stick and carry that upstairs in order to print.

I've tried multiple times now. I finally got the boarding passes themselves to print, but the luggage tags are all wonky. They say "1st Fold - (Do Not Cut)" and have the Carnival logo, but that's it. No names, no deck, no room numbers.

I'm tempted to just write my info on these quasi-blank ones that printed out.

You can write anything you want onto the luggage tags. You can use any luggage tags you feel like using . They don't have to be specifically from Carnival.

I have never heard of a printing situation like yours.

I suppose there are many variations of just using wifi to sync the lap top with the printer.

On 6/28/2019 at 9:21 PM, DukeASUGirl said:

Because our printer is upstairs and isn't networked to the laptop, so we always have to save to a memory stick and carry that upstairs in order to print.

My curiosity got the best of me.  If your printer was upstairs, I'm guessing that it's connected to a computer there.  Why not just sign in to that computer and print them out.

4 hours ago, RWolver672 said:

My curiosity got the best of me.  If your printer was upstairs, I'm guessing that it's connected to a computer there.  Why not just sign in to that computer and print them out.

Or do what I do, take the laptop upstairs and plug the printer into it. 

• Thanks 1

On ‎7‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 3:52 AM, RWolver672 said:

I did eventually end up having my husband use his laptop (which is downstairs, but networked to that printer) and it worked just fine. But he wasn't home for several hours after I attempted and failed to print. I can't log into his laptop because I don't know his password.

I'm glad you were able to get everything printed.  In the future, you should be able to take your laptop to your printer, plug your laptop into the printer, and then print documents from your laptop to the local printer that way. Or, you could try adding the printer wirelessly to your laptop by clicking on add printer.  With a wireless printer, you should be able to even print from your phone and ipad.