Nibbles during Happy Hour

jwh

On 6/30/2019 at 10:31 AM, anniegb said:

That was my experience also except it was not a small plate.

Annie

We found that the size and amount would depend on the number of folks we where sitting with. Generally a plate or 2 for each couple. 

5 hours ago, red919 said:

Can anyone recommend a good bar

Thank you for mentioning Sip & Savor...sounds very intriguing.  

Would like to take part on my upcoming Nieuw Statendam cruise. Does anyone know if it includes all wines from the regular wine list or only a small daily selection?

Sip & Savor is an enjoyable activity when it fits into my schedule.  The wines, a red and a white, being served were specifically selected for that afternoon's event.  There is a small cost for the event.  Do you want another glass of wine?  It will be available, sometimes there is an additional charge.  If the attendance is small and the Wine Steward wants to "kill the bottle", I have had re-fills gratis.

• Like 1

Would like to take part on my upcoming Nieuw Statendam cruise. Does anyone know if it includes all wines from the regular wine list or only a small daily selection?

Sip & Savor is an enjoyable activity when it fits into my schedule.  The wines, a red and a white, being served were specifically selected for that afternoon's event.  There is a small cost for the event.  Do you want another glass of wine?  It will be available, sometimes there is an additional charge.  If the attendance is small and the Wine Steward wants to "kill the bottle", I have had re-fills gratis.

The "Billboard Onboard" bar on Koningsdam and Nieuw Statendam have self serve snack buffets with a nice selection of hot and cold appetizers. Many are actually quite good. It may vary as to how well the staff keeps the food levels up. I have also seen some folks swoop in and practically clear out the buffet and then disappear from the bar. These bars also had the 4 PM happy hours on our cruises. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, rkacruiser said:

Looking forward to it.  Thanks!