has Zumba been discontinued?

susiesan

4 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

We often see it offered in the afternoon especially on a TA.

18 hours ago, Micah's Grandad said:

Never been on a Princess cruise that did not offer it on sea days, usually morning and afternoon

So are you certain Zumba is offered  twice per day on TA sea days?   Both morning and afternoon?   

If yes, that is good to know as I will be on a 25 day British Isles TA cruise next month and I will plan my sea days accordingly. 👍👍

Edited by Kingofcool1947

7 minutes ago, Kingofcool1947 said:

So are you certain Zumba is offered  twice per day on TA sea days?   Both morning and afternoon?   

If yes, that is good to know as I will be on a 25 day British Isles TA cruise next month and I will plan my sea days accordingly. 👍👍

I seem to remember that but no guarantees

On 6/30/2019 at 7:12 PM, rdsqrl said:

I have noticed that sometimes it is not called Zumba, probably because there was not a certified instructor was not available.  Instead, it was called Latin dance exercising or something like that.  So, it actually may have been available on your cruise but you didn't see it in the Patter because you were expecting to see "Zumba."  

There were no latin dancing or other exercise dance classes listed. Line dancing once but that's totaling.

Just for info..Zumba instructors are "licensed".  They have to have a license to teach it and all that is necessary is to take the Z workshop...only one. Anyone can

purchase the license.  However, whenever I have watched Zumba on the cruise ships it is always taught by a crew member with previous experience...like one of the dancers or a talented CD like we had on the Ruby.

Certification is given to those who complete an in depth course to become a personal trainer, or group exercise instructor, or Yoga...or Pilates.  I at one time had a group instructor certification, and then went on to pay a fee to get the license to teach Zumba (which I ended up not doing).  To keep the license...the person teaching has to be a member and pay the fee monthly. 

On our very long 7 week South America Cruise on the Royal we had Zumba.  The instructor was "Matt O", the Cruise Director who was a very talented guy.  He was one of the best instructors I have ever watched.  And then the assist CD took over on days Matt was not available.  

The cruise lines are also now offering line dancing...mostly happens in the evening, sometimes in the afternoons.  

We recently returned from an Alaska Cruise on the Ruby Princess and there was no Zumba.  Likely there was a crew member but they were busy doing other required duties.

Edited by Arwen
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 8:26 AM, susiesan said:

I just disembarked the Coral last week from a southbound Alaska cruise June 18-26. I had packed exercise clothes to take part in the Zumba classes which have always been fun. There were no Zumba classes the whole week. With 3 sea days on a 7 day trip there was plenty of time for them. Is the Coral the only Princess ship where Zumba is gone or does this pertain to all Princess ships?

I was on the Coral Princess for the last run of the Canal before she sailed up the coast to start the Alaska season.  Zumba classes were offered/hosted by the Cruise Director but she was disembarking sometime in June for her pending wedding.  It's possible the ship did not have a certified instructor to replace her.

• Like 1

On 6/30/2019 at 2:41 PM, iceleven said:

I do believe that to offer "Zumba" a certified Zumba instructor must be used. At least that is what I remember from several years back.

True.  Once on a Princess cruise, they pulled a line chef who was certified to teach.  One of the best Zumba classes ever.  The instructor had an injury and Princess came to bat!