Picture for check in

l2c

24 minutes ago, l2c said:

Can someone explain about the picture to be taken when doing the online check in?  Also about going to your cabin to pick up your card?

What ship?

Edited by davekathy

That picture is tied to your account, so whenever they scan your card (for drinks, for leaving and boarding at port), that picture shows on their screen. You can take your own picture at home and download when you do your online check-in.  It took me a couple of tries to get a picture with enough dpi to be accepted.  

After you get on the ship, you can go to your cabin to drop off carry on bags.  Your cards will be sealed in an envelope, tucked in behind the room number outside your cabin.  Our room steward was in our room when we arrived, so our door was already open.  We did not know to take our cards, so we had to come back when we wanted to get a drink...

They will use the room numbers as your mailbox.  You will find shore excursion tickets and other things placed there throughout your cruise.   

14 minutes ago, 39august said:

You do not have to include a picture with your check in. I never do as I am not tech savvy. They will take it when you check in at the pier.

You don't have to take the photo but it makes boarding faster. When checking in on your cell phone just take a selfie and your done. The last time I checked in it took 5 minutes. At the dock go thru security and right to the ship.

As others said, uploading your picture may speed up you checkin but only by a minute or so.   We were on a B2B last crusie and our photos were fine and we checked in quickly.    On Turn around the desk agent said she needed to retake the photo (even though it was the same photo as the first cruise).   This was on Summit. 

One embarkation began all guests were invited to drop luggage off in their room and then hang out in open space to allow the room attendants to finish preparing the rooms.    This was in May. 2019

7 minutes ago, LonelyTraveler said:

Looking to check in online for the Solstice, and it does not ask for a picture, just Passport information, and then generates an Xpress pass with a barcode. Is this normal, or did I miss a step?

I believe that it is only an option if the ship is one of the 6 ships that are currently supported by the App    Once Solstice goes through the Revolution it should be available.    The app can be used to open your door (Near Field Chip).  You should be good to go and they will take you photo at checkin.

• Thanks 1