Canceling a 3rd person prior to final payment

ggroup

We have three people in a sky suite on the Summit this upcoming winter. The 3rd person may not be able to go.

If we cancel her from the reservation, will we be able to retain the pricing we have for the first two on the reservation or will we have to revert to the current pricing, which is much higher?

If the only option is to reprice the cabin at today's pricing, what is the downfall with her just being a no-show?

Thanks-just want to get as much info as I can before I call Celebrity!

One issue with a no show is that the third person will lose the cost of the cruise.If they have travel insurance it is doubtful if it would pay as generally they require proof of cancellation.

Hi I am in the middle of a similar thing.  I was given wrong info from my TA so be careful check with celebrity direct.

Here is what I found out last week- Cabin for 2 and 1 may have to cancel.

If it is past final payment  (ie 100% cancel loss) the one canceling looses all money bar taxes and port fees. (as expected).  The remaining passenger does not get repriced at the new price (Our reason is a medical issue so not sure if that makes a difference).

If before finial payment the cabin gets repriced.

My TA was repriceing after finial payment and 100% loses so after asking on here I phoned celebrity.  We have not done it yet as there is a chance my mum will still make the cruise - fingers crossed.

Edited by fragilek
sp

Actually there are two very different situations here.  Before vs after Final Payment makes a huge difference.  In  the OP’s case, it’s double occupancy with a third person added on.  There is no reason for the first two to be paying for the third, since double occupancy is the norm., In the second case, it’s double occupancy dropping down to single occupancy.  Normally singles pay 2X so the single is worried about being charged for the missing occupant.  They really aren’t the same at all

• Like 1

The only way to really know how it would affect your individual booking is to call X (or check your invoice and see if it spells it out).  The terms for third/fourth person are generally different than for the first two people in the cabin.  This is what the cancellation policy says online:

The cancellation charge policies ...vary for single occupancy [the situation fragileK is dealing with] or for the third, fourth or higher occupants in a stateroom or for groups. Consult your travel agency or call Celebrity Cruises for further details.

If you booked under a special fare or have a nonrefundable deposit, that could affect how they handle it.  Some cruise lines may also want you to move to a 2-person cabin if they have people who need the 3-person one.