Live on the Spirit Ireland, Iceland, Norway and more!

rxlowry

Great thread - we get on the Spirit the day you disembark.  I'd love to see a photo of the menu at La Trattoria if you eat there.  Don't go to any trouble.  Awesome blog - I enjoyed reading it.   Happy Cruising!

Wonderful day in Belfast!  Booked a private car to take us to Dark Hedges, Giants Causeway, Dunlunce Castle.  We love Game of Thrones so it was very cool to see these sites.  He dropped us off at the Titanic Museum which we toured before returning. 

E63BB6B9-E9FF-4331-9CF1-EA00D6539248.jpeg

I do have the menu already so I can hopefully post. I might have to make it two oats. The internet is not as strong as our cruise last summer so I am still writing the blog daily but will post with pictures after the trip.  I will still post here and to the blog’s Instagram account during the cruise. 

0AE075CA-9C66-4620-B2BF-C9F85C06558A.jpeg

• Like 1

Yesterday was a foggy and cold sea day. The horn was blowing about every two minutes at times because of fog.  Galaxy lounge was a very busy spot since it is the best indoor space.  The activities on board are very trivia focused.  They had early morning trivia, Harry Potter trivia, general trivia, and pub trivia.  I believe there is trivia on the agenda today four times as well.  There were a few game activities as well. 

We ate all three meals in the buffet.  Very good selections for vegetarians or plant-based folks.  

Evening entertainment was listening to jazz with the showband and attending the show.  The show was a ballroom dancing couple.  I love ballroom and was excited. The show was ok.  There could be some tweaks made to improve the overall entertainment factors.  Afterwards, we had a drink at Norwegians Night Out and watched a full dance floor enjoying dance hits.  

Today we dock at noon in Iceland!!

FAF3729D-B5AC-4D52-8F64-A2341A6ED62E.jpeg

Yesterday was Reykjavík, Iceland.  It will be  a favorite port for sure!  We rented a car and drove the Golden Circle. Our first stop was a crater and then lunch inside a greenhouse.  After a delicious lunch, we went to Geysir and watched it erupt four times.  Afterwards it was a waterfall and tetonic plates.  I’ll post more pictures and details on the blog.  This morning is the best internet so far it seems.  The easiest spot for photos is Instagram. I posted on the blog’s Instagram, alpcamybagsblog if you wish to see photos of yesterday. 

9EA69854-7EC6-4190-9E2D-CE90ED1E69B6.jpeg

So we had a sea day on our way to Akureyi.  We had looked at maps and saw we would pass over the Arctic Circle.  We are travel/cruise nerds so we were excited.  My husband asked a guest services and she told him that she would call the bridge to ask when and come back in an hour.  When he returned, she told him we would not.  I didn’t believe this so after CruiseNext propaganda trivia, he asked one of the consultants who said we do not.  We miss it

Later that evening, we were watching the monitors in Galaxy.  Slowly creeping north.  Well we did cross it.  So either they never called the bridge or I’m worried about our navigation.  Not impressed either way!

• Haha 1

Ok so after that rant, we had a wonderful day in Iceland again!   All day tour we booked separate from NCL.  Godafoss falls, pseudo craters, game of thrones site, dark castle lava formations, boiling mud pits and a soak in nature baths.  Truly amazing day!!!   Back to ship for buffet dinner, drinks and dancing.  

So a great day on the fjords.  Stunning scenery.   Amazing view of the neighbors fishing off their balcony.  I made a separate post.  I enjoy NCL but I think I’m done after this.  Not cool.  

FB0D12FF-7366-4AB3-A58E-3EA51B4BBC92.jpeg

Well after speaking to the Captain yesterday at breakfast, we did hit that Arctic Circle mark.  Check! 

Today we are in Nordfjordeid which is a small, quaint area.  We saw the Viking ship, strolled the town and returned to the ship.  Most activities need a ship tour here so we decided to make it an easy day 

88BF9C8F-168D-4EAB-A3C8-97B689CCC69C.jpeg

rxlowry-

This cruise has a very interesting and different itinerary. Thank you for taking the time to post about it.

Friends are traveling to Iceland next February ,so I was interested when I saw Iceland in the title.

I will check your blog for more photos.

Have to agree with you about NCL. My DH and I took a cruise the Dreamward n the ‘90s and enjoyed it. Took two NCL cruises in the past five years and said no more !

We enjoy Princess andCelebrity. You may want to consider either for your next cruise.

Continue to enjoy your travels !

1 hour ago, MJSailors said:

rxlowry-

This cruise has a very interesting and different itinerary. Thank you for taking the time to post about it.

Friends are traveling to Iceland next February ,so I was interested when I saw Iceland in the title.

I will check your blog for more photos.

Have to agree with you about NCL. My DH and I took a cruise the Dreamward n the ‘90s and enjoyed it. Took two NCL cruises in the past five years and said no more !

We enjoy Princess andCelebrity. You may want to consider either for your next cruise.

Continue to enjoy your travels !

We enjoy Crystal and Seabourn but I think we will try Celebrity. We’ve heard lots of good things.  We used our last cruise reward for this trip.  The Spirit is our favorite ship and we really loved this itinerary.  After 18 NCL cruises, I think it’s time to switch it up, thanks for the recommendation. 

Used our Latitudes dinner for Le Bistro last night. Dinner was very good as usual.  We paid for our daughter to join us so with app, entree and tip is was 52.  

Entertainment was a comedy juggler and the white hot party.  I guess on longer cruises, they use this theme night in addition to glow party. 

Today is our last sea day.  Woke up to some rougher seas today. 

• Like 1

On 7/8/2019 at 11:11 PM, rxlowry said:

It’s a female cruise director and I missed her name but I’ll get it. I’ll ask about Aan tonight. 

I did a very similar itinerary to this leaving May 31st. The Cruise Director was Leurina so I'm assuming that's who it still is. She is excellent. So friendly and good fun! I was B2B so I also did the following itinerary Norway Solstice, so I was onboard for 26 days and had an absolutely wonderful time. Like you I stayed two nights in London, but on the morning of the cruise I got the coach from Victoria Coach Station to Southampton. I'm following this with interest as it will be great to take a trip down memory lane, revisit the itinerary and hear about the experience onboard from another passenger's perspective. 

On 7/17/2019 at 1:17 AM, rxlowry said:

So a great day on the fjords.  Stunning scenery.   Amazing view of the neighbors fishing off their balcony.  I made a separate post.  I enjoy NCL but I think I’m done after this.  Not cool.  

FB0D12FF-7366-4AB3-A58E-3EA51B4BBC92.jpeg

Woah! This is so not allowed! Hopefully the ship security cameras have picked this up and he's been warned this is not acceptable!