No upgrade offers

No upgrade advantage for us. We are booked in a mini large balcony for August Baltic on Getaway.  No email to upgrade. Yes, our t/a participates, no link in our reservation or on the app. We have sailed a ton with NCL and since they started this upgrade system, we have always gotten the email/ link. I know that sometimes you just don’t get the offer and that it’s random. Anyone else have this issue?  What did you do?  We have an excellent angled balcony with a great location, so we are not suffering. We have booked Haven before. The only reason I would upgrade is ease of getting on/off the ship. We are Platinum so that will help. Also, it’s a big birthday for me, so was considering booking an upgrade. Our cabin price hasn’t changed a penny, but haven cabins are being reduced. We might have to upgrade the old fashioned way...

I would deal with not getting the email in exactly the same way I deal with getting it. I’d do absolutely nothing.

You have a great cabin, and if your only reason for upgrading would be ease of getting on or off the ship then that sounds like a huge amount of money to pay for an easier disembarkation in St Petersburg. Elsewhere there are unlikely to be any problems.

Unless you have a personal tour in St Petersburg then any time you save disembarking will likely just be spent waiting at the pier for the rest of your group.

These things are obviously personal experience, and the Haven doesn’t appeal to me even at upgrade prices, so take my comments in that light, but I say just enjoy your cabin and the excellent itinerary.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Nclgetawaymenhoney said:

My guess is the ta says the participate but don't really participate some ta's don't even know about program but want your business so of course it's a yes, you can call ncl and ask if you can participate or just pay to upgrade the old fashioned way

Have booked with her before. That’s not it. She also just got off an NCL cruise   Thanks for chiming in. 

Is there a specific cabin/location that has caught your eye that you would indeed bid on if offered.

Maybe NCL and that private firm that works the Ouija Board---Magic *8* Ball bidding process has

your participation in the past as being not up to normal standards - not serious in the upgrading

enough to warrant the email offer. Who knows striking out at a blind folded piñata !

Serious enough call NCL or email - sources:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl/

9 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

Is there a specific cabin/location that has caught your eye that you would indeed bid on if offered.

Maybe NCL and that private firm that works the Ouija Board---Magic *8* Ball bidding process has

your participation in the past as being not up to normal standards - not serious in the upgrading

enough to warrant the email offer. Who knows striking out at a blind folded piñata !

Serious enough call NCL or email - sources:

https://www.elliott.org/company-contacts/norwegian-cruise-line-ncl/

In the past, we have just purchased Haven to start with. This time, the Haven was overpriced in our opinion and we chose a really great cabin and decided to use that money toward tours since this is very port intensive. However, they are discounting the Haven significantly in the past few weeks and the price we paid for our m6 has not changed...so far. Just like to weigh all of my options. 

The same thing happened to us on our last cruise.  Even though we booked through a TA we called NCL ourselves, spoke with a rep and within two hours the banner for bidding appeared in MY NCL.  So then we bid the maximum for the balcony cause DH really wanted a balcony but the needle never moved from the "poor" section.  We did receive an e-mail that they received our bid.  Three days before the cruise we got the e-mail that our bid was successful and was given a BA midship cabin.

• Like 1

We received a bid, but decided not to bid. Instead we early booked thermal suite passes for $139pp.

We like our booked balcony cabin location. We wouldn't bid on Haven or a mini suite, but a spa balcony did interest us. We believe we would have needed to bid more than the $125pp minimum to win. We feel like winners with our plan.

Update....called NCL today.  I was only on hold for 25 minutes...  I asked why I wasn't given the upgrade advantage email and was told it was random and there was no special reason why I did not receive it.  She said she could not add me or forward my information to anyone that could.  UGH

12 minutes ago, cruisencrazy said:

Update....called NCL today.  I was only on hold for 25 minutes...  I asked why I wasn't given the upgrade advantage email and was told it was random and there was no special reason why I did not receive it.  She said she could not add me or forward my information to anyone that could.  UGH

See my above post.  Try to email her.

• Like 1