Help with cabin selection on Coral Princess for Alaska cruise

puppymama1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:26 AM, TM said:

Personally I would select a starboard side cabin as that is usually the side facing the docks in Ketchikan and Skagway.  However on days when you are in Glacier Bay or at Hubbard Glacier I would strongly suggest getting out on the open decks on top of the ship if it's not raining.  You get a much better perspective of the magnificent scenery rather than just a 180 degree from your balcony.

In 2019 Coral southbound sailings are all tender in Ketchikan - the day we were there the port side faced town. When we booked in Jan-2018 it was listed as docked, we were advised it would be tender about 9 months before our June-2019 sailing.

We had an internal cabin and spent our time on the outside decks, forward, aft, promenade and 14/15. Inside - horizon buffet, also upstairs deck of lotus pool, also library and card room - lots of fabulous viewing.

I know this is not one of your options, but in case other people look at your thread for suggestions, we were just on the Coral in June and had a forward mini-suite starboard on Caribe for a northbound Cruise.  For one thing, the mini suites are fantastic, I liked it so much better than our traveling companions' balcony cabin. Secondly forward on Caribe is a great location, because of the little known forward viewing deck, which may be the same situation as that aft deck on dolphin others were mentioning. The only reason I knew about it was from being on Cruise critic, and even at times when it had the best viewing on the ship, there were probably only 20 people out on that forward deck.  It was cold and windy up there on Glacier Bay day, but oh what a view! And the sunsets from that deck...😲

We had C722 mini where the balcony  was half covered (port side) so protected from rain but we could also sit in the sun.  It was an excellent location except for the walk to the buffet😉.    Is this itinerary one way?  We did a northbound followed by 5 days on land in Denali area and I thought it was the perfect order!  Of course we would have been just as happy in the reverse as Alaska is the best trip we have ever taken.