UAL 787-10 seats row 21-22

Hawaiidan

Has anyone flown the UA 787-10  LAX-EWR route non stop?      It looks like the first 3 rows are set up as Prem economy....BUT  there is no fare / for PE

Looked at Seat guru  and shows  is shows 2-3-2 config     same as international PE.          My question is  are these really PE seats that you can buy for economy plus rates ?        Looking at 21-22-23 rows        Any feed back  UA offered them  for 119 @...  if thats for PE  thats pretty good

Edited by Hawaiidan

On 7/6/2019 at 3:24 PM, Hawaiidan said:

Has anyone flown the UA 787-10  LAX-EWR route non stop?      It looks like the first 3 rows are set up as Prem economy....BUT  there is no fare / for PE

Looked at Seat guru  and shows  is shows 2-3-2 config     same as international PE.          My question is  are these really PE seats that you can buy for economy plus rates ?        Looking at 21-22-23 rows        Any feed back  UA offered them  for 119 @...  if thats for PE  thats pretty good

Those are "real" Premium Economy seats which are sold as Economy Plus seats on domestic flights. That is why you will not see a separate fare for these seats on domestic routes. If you are eligible for Economy Plus seats due to FF status or if you pay for Economy Plus, you may select the Premium Economy seats for no additional cost on domestic flights.  If you are interested in this do not wait too long. The United Frequent Flyer community seems to be well-aware of these seats and they will be snapped up.

I'm guessing that while the seats themselves may be PE seats, the service will be along the lines of what you'd get for Economy Plus, not true PE.  This happens occasionally on Delta when a internationally-configured aircraft has Delta One (business class) seating but the fare is sold as domestic first class....BE seats but not BE service.

According to articles it's a temporary situation until UAL can convert enough planes. Then they will become three class aircraft with true PE for those seats. Until then, enjoy! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, SFCAcruiser said:

Those are "real" Premium Economy seats which are sold as Economy Plus seats on domestic flights. That is why you will not see a separate fare for these seats on domestic routes. If you are eligible for Economy Plus seats due to FF status or if you pay for Economy Plus, you may select the Premium Economy seats for no additional cost on domestic flights.  If you are interested in this do not wait too long. The United Frequent Flyer community seems to be well-aware of these seats and they will be snapped up.

Thanks..... I  discovered the 787-10 and on the SFO/LAX  to EWR.    I have pretty good ff status with UA  and have always gotten econ plus seats  free,       However,  being able to  lock these in for $119 @  the good old Economy Plus rate was  a  revelation.      There are only  6 pairs of 2.   out of some 60  Economy plus inventory.

To wait  and try to snag these 72 hours out   is going to be ill advised     These babys will be gone in  weeks as word gets round.... Hence  I bought in as soon as I noticed what they  really were.

Word has it that as soon as UAL gets more 10's delivered   that these planes are going to go  the interantional  market.  and will be replaced.       While short range 7400 miles,  these  3 cabin economy , revenue machines will be  out of SFO EWR and IAD to overseas

I sure hope to see one on the SFO/PPT route. The United flight to Tahiti is a daytime versus an overnight on most Tahiti flights. I can do a PE seat during the day but I prefer a lie flat business class on the late ones. We're on the Oceania Tahiti to San Francisco cruise but not until April 2021 so will only need one way.