Where is the mechanism (O class ships) to turn speakers on or off in suite?

SLSD

Someone on FB is complaining that the captain's announcements at noon are bothering her because they are blaring in her suite.  I KNOW that there is a way to change this so that only emergency messages sound in the suite--and all others are audible in the hallways, etc.  But, I've never had to adjust as ours has always been set for the hallway except for emergencies.  Do any of you know where the mechanism is--and how to change it?

Yes, I suggested she ask her stewardess.  I read that there was a way to switch the speaker---but because we have never needed to do this, I didn't pay much attention.  I was just curious for myself as well and thought someone here might know.  Asking stewardess is obviously the answer.  

Thank you Catlover. Autocorrect loves to change your name to Cataloger.  

T&C, I totally agree with you.  I just thought there would be a quick answer.  I did not remember what I had read and just thought I'd ask.  No harm done in asking I would think.  

I am not sure that you can turn off the captain’s announcements in your suite. I believe that this is a matter for the captain on the Bridge. 

On our recent 41 day Sojourn cruise Capt Roberts and Elliot did not broadcast the noon announcement into the suites. That is customary and it’s probably about an on/off switch on the Bridge. To hear the announcements we would open the door to the corridor or use the TV. Public areas only.

I suggest you make your views known to Guest Services who can remind the Bridge. Announcements into the suites should only involve important matters such as emergencies. And NO to 18:00 reminders to pile into the corridor in your curlers for the Howdy Doody Git to know yer Neyber party that some CDs think are the bees knees.

Happy and healthy sailing!

3 hours ago, markham said:

I am not sure that you can turn off the captain’s announcements in your suite. I believe that this is a matter for the captain on the Bridge. 

On our recent 41 day Sojourn cruise Capt Roberts and Elliot did not broadcast the noon announcement into the suites. That is customary and it’s probably about an on/off switch on the Bridge. To hear the announcements we would open the door to the corridor or use the TV. Public areas only.

I suggest you make your views known to Guest Services who can remind the Bridge. Announcements into the suites should only involve important matters such as emergencies. And NO to 18:00 reminders to pile into the corridor in your curlers for the Howdy Doody Git to know yer Neyber party that some CDs think are the bees knees.

Happy and healthy sailing!

And I thought I was the only hater of that forced camaraderie experience!

2 hours ago, Mahogany said:

And I thought I was the only hater of that forced camaraderie experience!

Not at all! We always skip it and often cruise with two other couples who also dislike it.  

I must have just dreamed that there was a switch in the suite to change to speakers within the suite---or not  (except for emergency messages). I know see that it is a switch that the captain or others have.  Thank you for the explanation.  

There used to be a switch years ago in the suite to turn off announcements, but new regulations etc, for safety, of course you cannot turn off a Captain's announcement. I think anyone would want to hear if there was an emergency, but unfortunately the other day, 1 day, the Captain's daily noon announcement came into the suite as well as the corridors.

10 hours ago, Cruise Beach said:

...but unfortunately the other day, 1 day, the Captain's daily noon announcement came into the suite as well as the corridors.

Captains' announcements - which are not always done by the Captain - have always been broadcast in the corridors, whether the noon one on sea days or the pre-sail one.