How is the tween club?

Shoppie124

And to answer your question... my kids have been on around 8 cruises and have never gone to the kids clubs.  They find too much to do with us around the ship and in ports.

weird-os. Lol 

Just off The Bliss. The tween group was closed to check ins one night because it was full. Frequently when I would go to pick up my daughter, other parents would be checking in to see if their kids were ready to go back to the room. The answer was always no! So I think the kids must be having fun. 

None of my kids liked it, and they liked the younger group and the ten club. However, they are close in age and never really gave it a chance because they had each other. Once they hit the teen club, they all found a new group of friends quickly. I think that age group is hard with vastly different maturity levels.

My concern is my DD will be bored as she is very mature for her age and very athletic.  so she doesn't sit still very long.  She doesn't play with dolls or toys.  She'd be more in tune with the 13-17 year old group but sadly I hear they are really strict about keeping out the kids who haven't officially hit their 13th birthday.

40 minutes ago, Shoppie124 said:

My concern is my DD will be bored as she is very mature for her age and very athletic.  so she doesn't sit still very long.  She doesn't play with dolls or toys.  She'd be more in tune with the 13-17 year old group but sadly I hear they are really strict about keeping out the kids who haven't officially hit their 13th birthday.

No way will she be allowed in the teen club, but she can meet other kids at the sports court. I doubt they play with toys or dolls in the tween club, just organized games.

23 hours ago, Shoppie124 said:

My then 12 year old dd was able to get into the teen club when we cruised NCL about 4 years ago. It's going to depend on how many kids they have in the teen group already. We signed her up for the tween group, but she never went and only went to the teen group. They wouldn't allow her to technically sign in or sign up for that group because of policy, but we managed around it. She just showed up with her older brother and no one asked any other questions. lol

My son loved it at age 11 and 12. They have loads of activities planned to appeal to all different tastes and personalities. He spent every moment there that it was open. He made friends that he still texts 5 years later!

Being in the Haven has nothing to do with your question, so i had to giggle at that. People seem to like to throw that out there for some unknown reason.

We were on the Joy in June.  My twin 11 year old boys were OK with it, but they weren’t really into going back. If it would have worked out, they would have gone back during the unstructured time, but they didn’t want to do the organized “fun” this time around.  They felt it wasn’t enough of a step up from the last time when they were nine. They didn't really LOVE it at nine,  but as a whole, they did enjoy it and went a few times. THis time, at 11, they were content being with us or in the cabin with movies and iPads. 

My daughter loved it at both 11 and 12. She spent every momement she could in the kids club. She would even do the late night if I would let her but I refused to pay for it. They do have active activities that they play so it is not them just sitting around. My daughter never played with dolls and they do not have toys at this age group. She spent every momement she could in the kids club. She would even do the late night if I would let her but I refused to pay for it.