toilet seat for toddlers (for lack of a better word...)

karli_ratte

Dear parents, 

we will be cruising with our 2,5 year old this August. She's extra-slim (9,5kg) and just decided 3 weeks ago to forego diapers from now on. I wouldn't have minded if she had waited another 2 months until after the holiday 🙂 So now we are in a situation where we are not sure if we should bring our own toilet seat for her as she simply slips through any adult-sized toilet. Are there any alternatives for travelling that I might not be aware of? I don't necessarily want to waste a lot of space in my luggage for her toilet seat.

And no, a potty chair is not an option as she only uses what we grown-ups use… 🙄

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Disney-Princess-Unlock-My-Heart-Soft-Potty-Seat-with-Hook/50013159

this won't take up much space in your luggage - you may have similar products in Austria. I'd, however, worry more about her pottying on the go, at the airport, in the car, etc... on the way to the cruise. Destinations as well. I still recommend putting on a pullup on her during travel.

b4ce28e0-51e5-4718-918f-6054b73b55d0_1.1997fffee69b0b905b3c1727ccfc74cf.jpeg?odnWidth=undefined&odnHeight=undefined&odnBg=ffffff

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

oh wow! Thanks for the ideas. I've gone ahead and bought one of those folding seats. Were visiting the grand dads for the weekend at least once a month and instead of buying a separate seat for each place (that was the plan until just now), we will just use this one. I love these forums. All this wonderful advice! thanks!

• Like 1

On 7/10/2019 at 5:48 PM, figgarro said:

My kiddo would never have sat on that seat.  Hed have bee terrified!  LOL!  Having said that, we have a similar plain white one I used to carry in my purse for outings.  

On 7/11/2019 at 8:04 AM, karli_ratte said:

oh wow! Thanks for the ideas. I've gone ahead and bought one of those folding seats. Were visiting the grand dads for the weekend at least once a month and instead of buying a separate seat for each place (that was the plan until just now), we will just use this one. I love these forums. All this wonderful advice! thanks!

The folding seat was great when a bathroom was available but on longer trips we carried his potty seat in the back of the car in a garbage bag with a diaper in it.  If we needed to pull along the road (we did a lot), wed pull the bag down, hed go & we cover it back up.  We changed the diaper at the end of the day or for BM.  Waa great for those "I gotta go NOW!" moment's

We have a folding toilet seat now plus plenty of paper toilet seat covers as DD simply looooooves normal sized and public toilets even though she's much too small (great workout for my upper arms :-)). So far she loves the seat we bought, though she has only seen it, but not actually used it. She simply refuses her potty seat since she's discovered "the real thing", so no use taking that along... 

As for longer journeys in a car… we still put a towel on her seat, just in case, but 3 hours are doable for her. The only fully scheduled days for us are the 2 days in St. Petersburg, so I might just put a diaper on her for those 2 days…