Online check-in. Toddler keeps showing up as "not checked in"

karli_ratte

We will be travelling with our 2,5 year old daughter this August on the Reflection. After final payment I checked all three of us in online and printed our Xpress passes. No problem there. I also have received the travel documents via email without any problems. I DID NOT use the app, if that makes a difference. 

Whenever I log into my account now though, my partner and I show up as checked in, whereas our daughter is still under the header "check in up to 3 days before sailing". I have repeatedly checked her in, have received her Xpress pass to print afterwards, have briefly seen her online as checked in. But as soon as I log off and back on again, she's not checked in anymore. 
I'm so tired of spending forever on the phone to Celebrity (on other issues), that I actually wonder if we should just show up at the port with her printed Xpress pass and hope for the best. We are from Europe, sailing from a European port and in the past those have been the easiest to board a ship (Venice took us less than 10 minutes). 
Has anybody experienced a similar problem and would you advise on calling Celebrity anyways? Also, we see her Xpress pass in the app, although we did not use the app for checking us in. 

Thank you in advance! 

55 minutes ago, karli_ratte said:

We will be travelling with our 2,5 year old daughter this August on the Reflection. After final payment I checked all three of us in online and printed our Xpress passes. No problem there. I also have received the travel documents via email without any problems. I DID NOT use the app, if that makes a difference. 

Whenever I log into my account now though, my partner and I show up as checked in, whereas our daughter is still under the header "check in up to 3 days before sailing". I have repeatedly checked her in, have received her Xpress pass to print afterwards, have briefly seen her online as checked in. But as soon as I log off and back on again, she's not checked in anymore. 
I'm so tired of spending forever on the phone to Celebrity (on other issues), that I actually wonder if we should just show up at the port with her printed Xpress pass and hope for the best. We are from Europe, sailing from a European port and in the past those have been the easiest to board a ship (Venice took us less than 10 minutes). 
Has anybody experienced a similar problem and would you advise on calling Celebrity anyways? Also, we see her Xpress pass in the app, although we did not use the app for checking us in. 

Thank you in advance! 

You can give X a call to find out what they show on their end...

Possibly just glitch in the system...

bon voyage

Could it be a passport issue? In the US, minor children passports and travel rules are a little different than for teens over 14-15 years and adults, what are the rules for EU?

Either way a call to Celeb should clear it up.

Thank you everybody. I will call Celebrity about this, though I agree with Georgia_Peaches, that this is most likely just a glitch.

In Austria (can't speak for the whole of Europe on this one, though I consider myself European) every person needs their own passport when travelling. Actually, just about every person HAS a passport unlike in the US, where I know grown up people, that don't own one. The only difference in our passports here is the expiration date (5 years for my 2,5 year old vs. 10 years for my passport), so the passport hopefully won't cause problems (it got my daughter to Australia, China and back 🙂 ). 

Please don't stress over this.  Many people never even do the on-line check in.  they forget, or they don't know they are supposed to do it, or they don't have computers, or they run into problems with the Celebrity website.  They just check in at the pier.  It really isn't necessary for the trip; it's just a convenience, but when it starts to become an annoyance, just forget about it, go to the terminal and take care of it there.

Thanks, cruisestitch! I think that's good advice from all I've read about IT related issues with X. I did call them and they say if I could print an Xpress pass, then the person is checked in, no matter what the system says. Oookey 🙂