Cuba cancellation discounts

GOIN2C

I was booked on NCL Sun for 06/17/2019 sailing , with Havana stop

We were given a 50% refund for that cruise and told we would get a 50% discount on next booking. ( awesome)

I called NC L to verify, I was given two different responses and transferred to 4 different reps, without a difinitive response.

do you get the 50% amount of Cuba cruise, or 50% of whatever cruise you book?   No one seems to know for sure  at NCL.

Has anyone here booked with this discount?  If so, please explain how it worked for you.

thanks in advance.

I'm confused myself. I received the 50% back to my credit card I used for this trip but was expecting cruise next coupons or something in my account to put toward a cruise before 12/31/2020. I guess this is their way of having you still make a down payment

I just re-read the letter they sent me about the cancellation. If I accepted the revised Itinerary they would refund 50% of the cruise fare plus give another 50% of my cruise fare paid to a future cruise before 12/31/2020. Since we were in an aft facing suite we received the 2400.00 back to the credit card but should now be given 2400.00 for a cruise before 12/31/2020 and not a 50% discount on a future cruise. 

I really don’t see how anyone would they would give you 50% off of ANY cruise they offer...common sense says 50% of the fare you paid towards a future cruise. 

Otherwise people would be booking long cruises in The Haven wanting half off of that fare. 

5 hours ago, GOIN2C said:

I was booked on NCL Sun for 06/17/2019 sailing , with Havana stop

We were given a 50% refund for that cruise and told we would get a 50% discount on next booking. ( awesome)

I called NC L to verify, I was given two different responses and transferred to 4 different reps, without a difinitive response.

do you get the 50% amount of Cuba cruise, or 50% of whatever cruise you book?   No one seems to know for sure  at NCL.

Has anyone here booked with this discount?  If so, please explain how it worked for you.

thanks in advance.

You get 50% of what you paid for the Cuba cruise. If they did it any other way everyone would try to book a Haven suite at 50% off.

• Like 1