Question about Carnival and charters

pohlerbear

18 minutes ago, bizeliz said:

I don't think they'd do Memorial Day weekend. 

Danny said in a meet and greet late April or early May. Its going to be announced in the next 4-5 days. 

I would LOVE another NYC cruise but everyone hated it (it was my favorite) so I don't know they'd do it again. I realized my BN membership expired last week - I bought it before Apollo went on sale so thats what they have been waiting for. Now everyone has to renew the memberships. ANY DAY NOW!!!! YAY!!! 

I'm guessing April 23rd out of Miami. (but I REALLLLY want NYC!)  No one has seen any "my cruise got canceled" posts on Carnivals FB have they? 

The only ship out of Miami in april/may is the Conquest and it is MASSIVE at almost 3900 passengers. They wouldn't be able to get through everyone for M n G and forget deck parties. I don't think it's on the Conquest. 

According to Carnivals website Conquest is 2900. Sensation will be way too small. I can't imagine they'd cut out 1,000 passengers (and their $) when they know it'll sell out at 3,000. 

I haven't looked in to any NYC cruises but I really hope its out of NYC. Has anyone looked at the boats coming out of there for April/May? 

13 hours ago, bizeliz said:

According to Carnivals website Conquest is 2900. Sensation will be way too small. I can't imagine they'd cut out 1,000 passengers (and their $) when they know it'll sell out at 3,000. 

I haven't looked in to any NYC cruises but I really hope its out of NYC. Has anyone looked at the boats coming out of there for April/May? 

That is misleading information regarding the 2900 and they usually say based on double occupancy. The conquest class typically sail with upwards of 3500-3800, I'm not sure the max but the most I've seen is just over 3800.

10 minutes ago, bh514 said:

My official guess is April 23-27 2020 Sunrise from Fort Lauderdale. 

Well, that sailing is still showing on their site as of now, whereas the April 23-27 on the Conquest out of Miami is no longer up anymore. But leave it to Carnival to give us the POOP ship again but with a fancy name and $2.1 million makeover that I HOPE makes a difference. haha

Have to wait and see. 

Edited by NKOTBcruiser

1 minute ago, NKOTBcruiser said:

Well, that sailing is still showing on their site as of now, whereas the April 23-27 on the Conquest out of Miami is no longer up anymore. Have to wait and see. 

Conquest is chartered by a UK travel agency for the April 23 2020 sailing. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/8/2019 at 4:39 PM, jimbo5544 said:

I doubt Carnival would release information on charters....

I would think for full charters, they cancel sales to the public.  Now the half charters, or quarter charters, where a large special interest group basically takes over the ship - that would be really bad in my opinion. I can think of lots of groups that I wouldn't want to sail with.  Like my church, as one example lol. Or political groups of either persuasion, or alternative life=style groups.

7 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

I would think for full charters, they cancel sales to the public.  Now the half charters, or quarter charters, where a large special interest group basically takes over the ship - that would be really bad in my opinion. I can think of lots of groups that I wouldn't want to sail with.  Like my church, as one example lol. Or political groups of either persuasion, or alternative life=style groups.

Fair point, I have no idea. 

11 hours ago, dave_k58 said:

Don’t you worry there Dave. The NKOTB cruise sells itself out. No need for a 1/2 charter. 

@bizeliz Right? How he gonna tease Tues and then go radio silent for almost 2 days. And none of the other guys are teasing either. I just pray, whenever it does go ON sale that I’m OFF work to book. 😂

• 1 month later...
On 8/28/2019 at 8:57 AM, bizeliz said:

I don't think they'd do Memorial Day weekend. 

Danny said in a meet and greet late April or early May. Its going to be announced in the next 4-5 days. 

I would LOVE another NYC cruise but everyone hated it (it was my favorite) so I don't know they'd do it again. I realized my BN membership expired last week - I bought it before Apollo went on sale so thats what they have been waiting for. Now everyone has to renew the memberships. ANY DAY NOW!!!! YAY!!! 

I'm guessing April 23rd out of Miami. (but I REALLLLY want NYC!)  No one has seen any "my cruise got canceled" posts on Carnivals FB have they? 

You were right!

1 minute ago, pohlerbear said:

You were right!

Can I now change my twitter name to @headofNKOTBCIA ??? 

LOL! Now just to get on that boat! I'm thinking its not going to be as hard as everyone thought since they've given us short notice and raised all the prices on us. 

• 2 weeks later...