Question about Carnival and charters

pohlerbear

Looking for inside scoop regarding a charter cruise.  The charter group hasn’t announced anything other then it will be spring 2020. 

I know when the Invicta watch charter was announced, people on this board had received letters from Carnival regarding their cruise being cancelled before the charter was announced. 

Is their any place that would detail cancelled and or chartered cruises ? 

Tia 

Edited by pohlerbear

2 hours ago, pohlerbear said:

Looking for inside scoop regarding a charter cruise.  The charter group hasn’t announced anything other then it will be spring 2020. 

I know when the Invicta watch charter was announced, people on this board had received letters from Carnival regarding their cruise being cancelled before the charter was announced. 

Tia 

it's extremely rare, wouldn't give it a second thought

4 hours ago, pohlerbear said:

Tia 

Short answer is no.

Early indication of a possible full ship charter is when cruise lines freeze new bookings (there are other reason why they do this)

Since you mentioned a charter group, you need to look at their website to see when they normally charter a ship, what cruise line etc.  to see if your potential booking may be impacted.

Mind you a partial booking is different and harder to figure out.  Partial bookings can be anything from a small company with a few cabins booked up to 1/3 to 2/3rd of the cabins booked.  Since these type of bookings may be a performance reward bookings they would not show up on any website.

9 hours ago, pohlerbear said:

Tia 

maybe if its not a full charter - but maybe a third or a half, they wouldn't announce anything

On 7/13/2019 at 11:10 PM, bh514 said:

The NKCIA hard at work. LOL. 

#soon #donniesoon 

Hahaha caught me.

My friends and I have two graduations in June. Rose Tours has an event in May... hoping for April but hypo have to announce soon. 

I have not been on this trip, although it sounds fun! #jordangirlhere

I have, however, been on several "Rock Boats", which were actually the first chartered music cruises of the sort, celebrating 20 years next year! One of my favorite bands, Sister Hazel, had the idea to get other artists that were interested in hanging out with their fans and have a giant floating music festival! What fun it has been!

All of that fun information aside, Carnival rarely has any information for chartered cruises. from the NKOTB cruise page, it looks like Rose Tours are the organizers, and they will likely be the only ones you can book with, or even get much info from. 

That being said, if you get into researching, you might be able to find a hole in a ship's schedule and narrow down when the trip may be. I know that Sixthman, again started by Sister Hazel, was chartering so many boats that they now have a ship fully dedicated to their cruises, which helps a lot with the constant on and off of special equipment and such. If you can find another cruise chartered by the same company, it might give you a clue as to when yours will be. They could be back to back!

This is all just conjecture and my thoughts, but if you are bored, you might start a giant research plan. It is not likely to help you get on the cruise, though. Keep close tabs on the tour company and get on their email list. I bet it sells out fast, and you will need to be in that line fast!

• 3 weeks later...

Ha Ha! I came here snooping the same thing!

With Rose Tours using RC also now like on their Reggae Cruise, do you think there's a chance they'd move from Carnival to RC? Donnie did say to that ET reporter that their would be 'a breakout from their typical cycle and do something outrageous'. 
They do have 4 night cruises on 2600 capacity ships from Ft. Lau, Port Can, Miami and Galveston to the Caribbean in April/May/June? 
I'd LOVE to do a RC over a Carnival since I've done 4 Carnival ones. 

email me if you hear anything concertchristal@gmail.com

Concerned that moving to RC would be more expensive! 

I've studied all the Carnival ships sailing four days Thurs to Monday in the spring. Still hoping for April but they'd have to announce soon--- and not Donnie soon. 

Agreed. But looking...I think it would only increase about $400 PP based on cost comparison of RT prices on their Reggae cruise, and basic cruises of Car vs. RC. I'd be ok with an extra $400 for a better ship with WAY more amenities. 
We've had Thur-Mon sailings as of recent, but wasnt the earlier ones M-Th and M-Fri?
And agreed, I think the announcement will be late August. 

in 2017 we found out from the Carnival FB page. Someone posted on there that carnival cancelled their booked cruise for a charter and only gave them a $25 credit for the inconvenience. 

I have an entire spreadsheet set up trying to narrow down which boat it could be. (Carnival only) I have a few theories to help narrow it down: 

- They NEVER get new boats or newly refurbished boats.

- 4 day cruise - typically Thur-Monday

- Eastern ports. 

-Boat capacity around 3000

The only one I came up with was Valor out of NOLA on April 30th. But I can't imagine them going out of NOLA again. So I'm clueless! 

The benefit of the 48 hour notice and onsale time is that not everyone has the deposit ready and booking is WAY less stressful. They gave everyone a years notice for #10 and that was a mess on booking day. I don't need a year but I'd like more than 48 hours! LOL! 

I personally would LOVE to see them switch to RC - the events have drastically decreased so if that is the way it will continue give me a different boat and more options of ports to enjoy with my friends. Just don't take away my deck parties! in 2017 the carpet in the hallway outside my cabin was ALWAYS wet. Like squish squish-when-you-walk wet down the entire hallway. I'd pay $400 more to try a different boat! 

Report back here if you guys find anything out! 

4 hours ago, bizeliz said:

in 2017 we found out from the Carnival FB page. Someone posted on there that carnival cancelled their booked cruise for a charter and only gave them a $25 credit for the inconvenience. 

I have an entire spreadsheet set up trying to narrow down which boat it could be. (Carnival only) I have a few theories to help narrow it down: 

- They NEVER get new boats or newly refurbished boats.

- 4 day cruise - typically Thur-Monday

- Eastern ports. 

-Boat capacity around 3000

You might need to update your spreadsheet. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the Invicta cruise is using Sunrise. Their website even mentions the “New Sunrise”.   I don’t consider Sunrise a new ship, but it definitely falls into the newly refurbished category. You might be eliminating possibilities if your spreadsheet is not considering new or newly refurbished ships. I think for the right price Carnival would charter any ship in their current fleet. They might even be offering big discounts to charter  Vista. 😀

Edited by PhillyFan33579

1 minute ago, PhillyFan33579 said:

You might need to update your spreadsheet. As mentioned earlier in this thread, the Invicta cruise is using Sunrise. Their website even mentions the “New Sunrise”.   I don’t consider Sunrise a new ship, but it definitely falls into the newly refurbished category. You might be eliminating possibilities if your spreadsheet is not considering new or newly refurbished ships. 

Oh my spreadsheet has nothing to do with ships for Invicta cruises. I have no idea what ships they use for that. 

I know for the nkotb Cruise (which is what she is trying to find out about) we don’t get new or newly refurbished boats. I TOTALLY understand why - we are ROUGH on the boats! Lol. 

• 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, pohlerbear said:

Ladies check out Donnie s Instagram. Looks like it Sunrise NYC.  No date announced. 

So I wrote down EVERY possible date from April through June from every port that would have a ship our size used recently over previous years. The ONLY one that isn't coming up anymore is the Sunrise out of NYC on May 4-8th. Dear sweet 8 lb baby jesus, let this be true as May 7th is my birthday. hahaha

I don't think they'd do Memorial Day weekend. 

Danny said in a meet and greet late April or early May. Its going to be announced in the next 4-5 days. 

I would LOVE another NYC cruise but everyone hated it (it was my favorite) so I don't know they'd do it again. I realized my BN membership expired last week - I bought it before Apollo went on sale so thats what they have been waiting for. Now everyone has to renew the memberships. ANY DAY NOW!!!! YAY!!! 

I'm guessing April 23rd out of Miami. (but I REALLLLY want NYC!)  No one has seen any "my cruise got canceled" posts on Carnivals FB have they?