Vista on her way to drydock

3 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

No, that's a shot from Ecstasy's webcam.  EM

Gotcha!   We were excited to see Vista pulling in, but she just parked in the spot that the Pride had just vacated.  We left before they started the move to dry dock.

I wish it was a full makeover dry dock. That is one ugly ship on the inside.  Whatever design company they went with was awful.  The most drab decor I have ever seen on a ship and I have 74 cruises completed.  The MDR looks like cold war Russia surplus army dining.  The comedy club furniture is broken, stained, and sticky.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/22/2019 at 1:30 AM, cruisologist said:

I wish it was a full makeover dry dock. That is one ugly ship on the inside.  Whatever design company they went with was awful.  The most drab decor I have ever seen on a ship and I have 74 cruises completed.  The MDR looks like cold war Russia surplus army dining.  The comedy club furniture is broken, stained, and sticky.

lol congrats.  Your screenshotted comment made it to the Reddit thread about people whining about cruises.  You're (in)famous! 

Edited by CruizinKittie40
  • Like 1

On 7/22/2019 at 2:30 AM, cruisologist said:

Haven't been on her, but pictures of the MDRs don't look anything like the dining room at the Hotel Rossia in Moscow in 1978...Food can only be better.  EM

11 hours ago, Devo1459 said:

Some people are just never ever ever happy.   ha

I thought this site was for talking about cruise ships.  Just because I dislike ONE ship does not make me an unhappy person.  I have 74 cruises which means I do know what I'm talking about.  Cruise 75 and 76 are now booked....which means I'm a happy camper 🙂  For the love of God people, I gave my opinion on ONE ship....Vista....and it is ugly and drab.  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, cruisologist said:

I thought this site was for talking about cruise ships.  Just because I dislike ONE ship does not make me an unhappy person.  I have 74 cruises which means I do know what I'm talking about.  Cruise 75 and 76 are now booked....which means I'm a happy camper 🙂  For the love of God people, I gave my opinion on ONE ship....Vista....and it is ugly and drab.  

Curious as to how many ships of the 75 were Carnival?

40 Carnival cruises

20 RCCL

4 Celebrity

9 Princess

1 NCL

Cruise number 75 and 76 are booked with Carnival and RCCL.  Everyone is entitled to have an opinion on any given single ship and it does not mean that the whole cruise line is bad.  I have been on enough cruises to know what I'm talking about.  There is only one cruise line (as a whole) that was the most awful cruise I've ever been on.  By my list....take a guess.

On 7/9/2019 at 3:58 PM, ProgRockCruiser said:

I had a similar thought when thinking about this "unplanned" maintenance.  I doubt the entire crew gets off in Galveston - I would think they don't have the right visas for that, in general.  So they must remain on the ship, and guess just keep cleaning, painting, and whatever.

Anyone able to chime in on that line of thought?

Waiting in line to get our passports checked during a B2B and saw at least a thousand crew leaving, some for the day, others with suit cases for a vacation!

On 7/31/2019 at 10:40 AM, Essiesmom said:

Haven't been on her, but pictures of the MDRs don't look anything like the dining room at the Hotel Rossia in Moscow in 1978...Food can only be better.  EM

Actually we have been in both, the Rossiya about 15 years ago before it was torn down, and the Vista is far better looking!-)

1 hour ago, undertheradar said:

I’m curious also. What is the correct number of Carnival ships required to make a comment about them?

To make a comment, the answer is zero.  Trying to understand where the poster was coming from.  Is that ok?

11 hours ago, cruisologist said:

40 Carnival cruises

20 RCCL

4 Celebrity

9 Princess

1 NCL

Cruise number 75 and 76 are booked with Carnival and RCCL.  Everyone is entitled to have an opinion on any given single ship and it does not mean that the whole cruise line is bad.  I have been on enough cruises to know what I'm talking about.  There is only one cruise line (as a whole) that was the most awful cruise I've ever been on.  By my list....take a guess.

The interior of the ship is the new way for Carnival, all of their ships are moving towards that.  You can obviously like what you like, was trying to understand where you are coming from.  Did I say you thought everything was bad?  Sail the older ships, but anything new will look like the Vista.  Cannot argue with the NCL appraisal at all. 😉

14 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

The interior of the ship is the new way for Carnival, all of their ships are moving towards that.  You can obviously like what you like, was trying to understand where you are coming from.  Did I say you thought everything was bad?  Sail the older ships, but anything new will look like the Vista.  Cannot argue with the NCL appraisal at all. 😉

Sorry :)....I have been getting grief from some folks who take offense too easily.  I do indeed love the older ships.  The NCL cruise was the only cruise I ever wished was over by the third day.  By the way, my last Carnival cruise was on May 6th out of Seattle on The Legend.  Alaska was fabulous and the Legend is a great ship.

• Like 1