Questions regarding price drops

We booked a Harmony cruise for May of 2020. We booked as a group rate with a TA. We currently have 10 cabins booked. Are there typically rate drops with group rates? Also, how would I myself find these rate drops?

Anything is possible, depending on how big of a discount you got with the group rate. The group rates we got were groups put together by a travel agency and they did 100 rooms. You would find the rate drops, if there was one, by doing a dummy booking and do it until they show you the total price paid. You compare that to what you actually paid and if you paid more, you should get the difference in a price reduction as long as it's before final payment. The new price has to be from the cruise line, not the lowest price you can find anywhere. Keep in mind, if you get a price reduction, you also only get the perks associated with the new price. If they gave you, say, prepaid gratuities and $200 obc  when you booked, and the new price includes no perks or just one, that's what you get if you take the price reduction. You have to decide which way is the best deal for you.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TMO3CCO1 said:

We booked a Harmony cruise for May of 2020. We booked as a group rate with a TA. We currently have 10 cabins booked. Are there typically rate drops with group rates? Also, how would I myself find these rate drops?

Nothing is "typical" with Royal, but it is possible (though unlikely) to get a price drop on a group rate.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, TMO3CCO1 said:

Group prices themselves typically do not drop.

The prevailing rates (what Royal is currently charging on its website) may drop below the group rate in which case you can still have your rate adjusted.

Since group rates on Royal do not include any promotions other than the group amenity you don’t have to worry about losing any additional perks (unless these are provided directly by the TA) in which case you need to ask your TA.  The group amenity will not change.

• Thanks 1