Price of WiFi

mel8kri

We are going on Celebrity next April and I find I can’t be without internet for ten days. We chose the beverage package for our perk so I need to pay for internet. Does anyone know the current prices for internet? I don’t know if I need it every day and it might be cheaper to only but some days. 

There are all kinds of prices -- and discounts -- and special offers.  This isn't a simple question.  And by next April it could all be different. 

Captain's Club members get discounts and/or free minutes.  Are you a Captain's Club member?

There are often pre-cruise discounts you can purchase in your Cruise Planner.  So go to it now and see what the prices they are offering are, then watch for specials in the coming months.

• Like 1

"Can't be" or simply do not choose to be.  You first need to understand that Internet service on cruise ships can be very unreliable although it is certainly improving.  But we can think of many cruises we have taken where the Internet was "down" for many hours, days, or even an entire cruise.  

As to the cost on Celebrity, as others have mentioned the cost and policies seem to change with the tides so there is no way to predict for your cruise.  But there will likely be several Internet options including an unlimited package and some other packages limited by either time or gigabytes.  Expect to pay at least $10 per day for any decent package...and that price might be for only a single device.  You might want to login to your Celebrity account and check options for your particular booking.  It is possible that Celebrity will offer some kind of pre-cruise promotion/sale.  It is also pretty common for them to offer some kind of embarkation-day promotion (once you are aboard) which might save you 10-20%.

Hank

• Like 1

3 hours ago, mel8kri said:

We are going on Celebrity next April and I find I can’t be without internet for ten days. We chose the beverage package for our perk so I need to pay for internet. Does anyone know the current prices for internet? I don’t know if I need it every day and it might be cheaper to only but some days. 

Go to your Cruise Planner and click Internet.   It will give you your internet price.   If you are a member of CC you can also obtain a discount from 10-35% or between 90-240 minutes free if either Elite or Elite Plus .    The price varies by the number of days and whether you wish Surf (slow speed) or Full Internet.  

Finally -  about 1/2 way through the cruise they usually offer a 50% off discount.      Buying by the hour and/or day are usually prohibitive at 27.99 per hour and daily rate is $55.

• Like 1

On 7/11/2019 at 1:08 PM, Jim_Iain said:

Go to your Cruise Planner and click Internet.   It will give you your internet price.   If you are a member of CC you can also obtain a discount from 10-35% or between 90-240 minutes free if either Elite or Elite Plus .    The price varies by the number of days and whether you wish Surf (slow speed) or Full Internet.  

Finally -  about 1/2 way through the cruise they usually offer a 50% off discount.      Buying by the hour and/or day are usually prohibitive at 27.99 per hour and daily rate is $55.

Jim question about the free minutes, if you don't mind.  Do we have to keep track of them on our own, or will we get a message with a counter or saying we've used them all?  We're on our first Celebrity sailing but will come in as Elite, thanks to our Diamond status on RCCL.  Not use to "free minutes" so not sure how they actually work. 

Be sure to log off at the end of your session or your minutes will continue to be used. Turning off wifi or your device does not disconnect your account.

When you login and out you will see your remaining minutes.

We used the new unlimited surf wifi option last month and it was ok for emails and websites. With the captain's club discount it's not too expensive.

As mentioned before ship wifi can be painfully slow and at times impossible to log on, particularly during heavy use times on the ship.

Edited by rdt10
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, CruisinCons said:

Jim question about the free minutes, if you don't mind.  Do we have to keep track of them on our own, or will we get a message with a counter or saying we've used them all?  We're on our first Celebrity sailing but will come in as Elite, thanks to our Diamond status on RCCL.  Not use to "free minutes" so not sure how they actually work. 

I have not used the minutes in many years but the program use to tell you how many minutes you have remaining when you log off.   It is really important if you are using free minutes that you log off after you complete your session or you will come back an realize all your minutes are gone.    The clock continues until you MANUALLY logout.

When you first create your account it will give you the choice of either the Unlimited (with the CC discounted already applied) or Free Minutes.   Everything I have read recently is that it is either/or not both (Free Minutes or Discount). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

They current do two different types of internet packages, "surf" and the faster "unlimited" package.

For my 12N, "surf" is selling at $161/242/322/403 for 1/2/3/4 devices respectively, and "unlimited" is $293/439/585/731.

From time to time they do discounts within the "Cruise Planner", and you can save like 20% off that price. (Each sale could be different.) As it won't be sold out, definitely wait for the sale.

• Like 1