Online Check-in Boarding Time

BeakerR

On the date that you can access your booking and select your boarding time, what time of the day does Carnival open up the process...example...if your date is September 1, 2019, does it open-up at midnight, 6:00am,  noon, etc.  THANKS!

Sorry no idea what time it opens. I didn't think it was important to know that?

BTW it is not "boarding time" that you are choosing.

It is the time you are allowed to check in at the port.

Depending on your port, that time may /may not be strictly followed.

• Thanks 1

You should be able to log in to your account at midnight the night before your online check-in date and check in right after midnight eastern time.  When I did that, I was able to get an appointment time of 11:30 am to 12:00 and boarding zone A01.  I didn't plan on checking in at that moment, but ended up being awake at that time so I figured that I may as well check in.

• Thanks 1

Midnight Eastern (or 9 pm where I am the night before). It merely gives you your check-in appointment window at the port.

I did it at exactly 9:01 pm, and got 12-12:30 check-in (earliest available -- it's a 6:30 sailaway). We arrived just past that window (into garage at 12:33 and got to terminal at 12:37) and were upstairs in the Lido by 12:50. Never stopped moving once our cruise docs and passports/birth certificates were checked, except to get the cheesy photo.

LOVE the Long Beach homeport!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, amydresh said:

How do you know when check in times become available?  My cruise isn't until Jan 8, 2021 but we have a good sized group that would all like the same check in.

Your cruise manager will tell you what date online check in is available.  The earlier that day that you log in and check in, the better chance you will have of getting the same check in time.

3 hours ago, amydresh said:

How do you know when check in times become available?  My cruise isn't until Jan 8, 2021 but we have a good sized group that would all like the same check in.

You're able to complete the online check-in starting 90 days prior to your cruise. To elaborate on what keywest1 said, log on to your Cruise Manager, click on "Planner," and it'll show you the exact date it's available.

I have just over 200 days before my cruise, but I'm finding it funny the 90 day window start date has changed 2 times.  Was originally 11/10, then 11/13, now 11/14.  You'd think 90 days would be a set date, lol.

36 minutes ago, comiso13 said:

I have just over 200 days before my cruise, but I'm finding it funny the 90 day window start date has changed 2 times.  Was originally 11/10, then 11/13, now 11/14.  You'd think 90 days would be a set date, lol.

Look at the bright side. It's a much better window now than it was. In the not-so-distant past, it was a major guessing game. Sometimes 100 days out, sometimes 120 days, or something else. And they didn't give an estimated date either. Everyone didn't have a choice but to just keep checking once we reached a certain point.

But thanks for bringing it up. Now I'll have to make note of our date and see if it changes.