Jewel-Cabin floor plan

suprmom28

Does anyone know if NCL is changing The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite to a 2-Bedoom Family Villa on The Jewel?  I was looking to book an Alaskan Cruise on the Jewel in June of 2021. I noticed that the floor plan has changed on The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (Cat. H4, Deck 9, Cabin 9004) for sailings on or after 9/14/2020. They are now showing the floor plan for The Haven 2-Bedroom Family Villa. I called NCL twice and they were unable to answer my question. I don't want to book the wrong cabin. 

Thanks

room.docx

There are 4 cabins that fit the category - 9004 starboard side (as noted) 9504 port side

and 10004 starboard side 1 deck above 9004 - 10504.

The cabins on deck 10 have a bit more room with a bump out for the dining table.

These cabins have a side facing balcony and a forward facing balcony.

All 4 of these cabins have access to the Haven.

There are 2BR suites on deck 11 (10 of them) and 8 2BR Haven suites on deck 14.

What NCL could be doing to change the floor plan - nothing - relabeling the category of suites

H1 - Garden Villa 14000s & 14500p

H2 - Owners Suites 15000s & 15500p

H3 - Owners Suites 10004s & 10504p

H4 - Owners Suites 9004s & 9504p

H5 - 2BR Haven Suites 14006s 14008s 14010s 14012s - 14006p 14008p 14010p 14012p

HF - Haven Courtyard Penthouse 14014s & 14514p

3 hours ago, suprmom28 said:

The Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite with Large Balcony (Cat. H4, Deck 9, Cabin 9004) for sailings on or after 9/14/2020.

It would appear that the cabin category has changed from a H3 to a H4 and as I review the floor plan nothing changed.

The H4 cabins (8) have changed to H5 and the H5 (2) cabins to a HF.

It has been reported posted earlier about the deck 9 OS are a tad smaller than the counter parts on deck 10.

The big difference is the placement of the dining table in a separate bump out. Videos and photos would highlight this.

I have to agree with the OP it appears that in addition to the change from H3 to H4 they changed the photos and floorplan to that of a 2BR suite. Since the Jewel just went through a major drydock I suspect that the error is on the web page and not the ship.

I know that NCL is making some of the more popular cabins that were once all part of the same category into new categories. One thing I noticed is that the deck 10 SF suites are now in a category all their own - along with the rest of the cabins on deck 10 aft. I also suspect that they intend to reduce the butler service to the deck 8 and 9 suites.

16 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

I have to agree with the OP it appears that in addition to the change from H3 to H4 they changed the photos and floorplan to that of a 2BR suite. Since the Jewel just went through a major drydock I suspect that the error is on the web page and not the ship.

I know that NCL is making some of the more popular cabins that were once all part of the same category into new categories. One thing I noticed is that the deck 10 SF suites are now in a category all their own - along with the rest of the cabins on deck 10 aft. I also suspect that they intend to reduce the butler service to the deck 8 and 9 suites.

Do you think they will be reducing the butler service to the Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite on Deck 9 or the just the Penthouse Suite's? 

35 minutes ago, suprmom28 said:

Do you think they will be reducing the butler service to the Haven Deluxe Owner's Suite on Deck 9 or the just the Penthouse Suite's? 

At this point - nothing confirmed by NCL.

Rumor talk innuendo postings here at CC ?

But Sherlock something is afoot with the relabeling of suites - some being downgraded by letter or number !

10 hours ago, bonvoyagie said:

She just had a major drydock and was given the major décor upgrade that the fleet has been getting lately - so I doubt if they will do it again in 2019.

I received 2 different answers when I asked that question to NCL. The 1st agent said she couldn't tell if the Jewel was scheduled for another dry dock between now and 6/2021 and the 2nd agent said "No, she is not scheduled."  It's so frustrating when the NCL agents don't even know what's going on. They both told me I could wait on hold for approximately 30 min and they would contact the help desk, after  I had already been on hold for 25 min to speak to them.

1 hour ago, suprmom28 said:

I received 2 different answers when I asked that question to NCL. The 1st agent said she couldn't tell if the Jewel was scheduled for another dry dock between now and 6/2021 and the 2nd agent said "No, she is not scheduled."  It's so frustrating when the NCL agents don't even know what's going on. They both told me I could wait on hold for approximately 30 min and they would contact the help desk, after  I had already been on hold for 25 min to speak to them.

One clue if a dry dock is scheduled is the blank spot in the sailing schedule - especially if the port call just before

the dry dock is near Portland OR or Freeport Nassau where major engineering things take place - brief dry docks

can occur any place replacing pictures on the wall - mattresses - carpet etc.

Note dry dock does not necessarily mean actual dry docking - just ship taken out of service.

When a big blank spot in the sailing schedule occurs it either a dry dock or charter of the ship.

Taking a ship down for a period of time is not taken lightly - usually in off or shoulder season after a repositioning cruise.

A dead spot after a repositioning cruise is a good indicator of something being upgraded replaced enhanced etc.

So if the ships schedule has a big hole between sailings that is most likely a dry dock renovation of sorts big or small.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Peachypooh said:

Cabin 9004 on the Jewell class ships have a front and side balcony.  Logistically I think it

would be difficult to convert it to the floor plan you show.

I would agree !

The floor plan shown in post #4 is of a deck 14 Haven H4 2BR cabin or deck 11 SC 2 BR cabin.

The design is not compatible with converting the H3 9004 or 9504 -

The interior passageway to the cabin entry door would have to have an extension to make two

decent size suites out of the available square footage.

At the best --- would be a mini-suite to the side and a penthouse forward view suite.

Something is lost in the conversion blue-print transaction -----

A dummy booking for October 2020 the Haven suites have "Floor Plan Coming" for

the H4 H5 categories - the ink is still wet on the blue-prints ?

Edited by don't-use-real-name

On 7/13/2019 at 10:53 AM, don't-use-real-name said:

One clue if a dry dock is scheduled is the blank spot in the sailing schedule - especially if the port call just before

the dry dock is near Portland OR or Freeport Nassau where major engineering things take place - brief dry docks

can occur any place replacing pictures on the wall - mattresses - carpet etc.

Note dry dock does not necessarily mean actual dry docking - just ship taken out of service.

When a big blank spot in the sailing schedule occurs it either a dry dock or charter of the ship.

Taking a ship down for a period of time is not taken lightly - usually in off or shoulder season after a repositioning cruise.

A dead spot after a repositioning cruise is a good indicator of something being upgraded replaced enhanced etc.

So if the ships schedule has a big hole between sailings that is most likely a dry dock renovation of sorts big or small.

It does look like there is a huge gap in her schedule between May 18, 2020 and Sept 14, 2020. Is there anyone I can call and ask besides the regular NCL number?

34 minutes ago, suprmom28 said:

It does look like there is a huge gap in her schedule between May 18, 2020 and Sept 14, 2020. Is there anyone I can call and ask besides the regular NCL number?

According to this LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/vacations/?sailmonths=05%2F20 06%2F20 07%2F20 08%2F20 09%2F20&ships=4294961194

The JEWEL is sailing in Alaska north and south from Vancouver to Seward in the time frame you have shown.

It sure would be odd to take a ship out of service for that length of time and no repositioning cruise would be of that length !

When you want to check on the schedule of a NCL ship go to the website and with the Menu select the ship

and the time frame and click on FIND CRUISES - if you click on destination you may draw a blank as being too specific.

41 minutes ago, don't-use-real-name said:

According to this LINK:

https://www.ncl.com/vacations/?sailmonths=05%2F20 06%2F20 07%2F20 08%2F20 09%2F20&ships=4294961194

The JEWEL is sailing in Alaska north and south from Vancouver to Seward in the time frame you have shown.

It sure would be odd to take a ship out of service for that length of time and no repositioning cruise would be of that length !

When you want to check on the schedule of a NCL ship go to the website and with the Menu select the ship

and the time frame and click on FIND CRUISES - if you click on destination you may draw a blank as being too specific.

O my gosh, Thank you for clarifying that for me and for responding so quickly. I actually thought I had checked the correct way. I feel much better about getting the correct room!! 

• 2 weeks later...

It wouldn't be very difficult to modify the forward Haven Owner Suites to two-bedroom suites as they already have connecting doors with cabins on both sides (mini on one side and penthouse on the other).  I agree the floor plan doesn't match the current configuration, but then NCL is really SLOW in posting room floor plans (it's been almost nine years since they added the Owner Suites on deck 12 of the Star and they still don't have floor plans or details on which cabins are one/two bedrooms!)

14 minutes ago, Girr said:

It wouldn't be very difficult to modify the forward Haven Owner Suites to two-bedroom suites as they already have connecting doors with cabins on both sides (mini on one side and penthouse on the other).  I agree the floor plan doesn't match the current configuration, but then NCL is really SLOW in posting room floor plans (it's been almost nine years since they added the Owner Suites on deck 12 of the Star and they still don't have floor plans or details on which cabins are one/two bedrooms!)

This is true - when reviewing photos and videos YouTube the actual layout does not match the scheme that NCL

is showing. Having a membership at Cruisedeckplans is one of the best ways to keep up with what it actually

looks like. And thanks to the membership at that site and the YouTube posters posting the most recent look

of the changes post dry-dock - something sadly lacking on the part of NCL.

The one size fits all does not truly represent the actual and when showing the starboard side one has to flip the

scene over for a mirror image of the port side configuration -

somehow this does fit the image description I was expecting !

Virtual imagining is another tool that could be used with its 360 degree look at a cabin - panning in & out - up & down.

Regarding the STAR & the DAWN those middle two Owners Suites deck 12 - the ones with the second bedroom

that 2nd bedroom is not shown in the NCL diagram. 

13 hours ago, krisdamom said:

I just read a Very Informative post by Turtles06 on this topic. It appears some different cabin categories are being added on Some ships after certain dates in 2020 /2021. 

Thank you!  

For anyone interested, I put together the information from the deck plans of the Jewel Class ships showing that in the Fall of 2020, NCL will be creating four new categories of Penthouse suites from the two categories (SE and SF) that exist now. These are the forward- and aft- facing Penthouses on those ships. Several mock bookings that I did (also set out in my post) show that NCL will be charging more for what it perceives to be the higher new categories, and possibly eliminating butler and/or concierge service to some of these suites on some cruises. NCL’s language about this so far is too vague to know exactly what will happen with those services in all instances. 

Here’s my thread if you’d like to read the details:

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2019 at 7:44 PM, don't-use-real-name said:

Last dry-dock the Haven Concierge Lounge deck 15 was converted into 2 H2 category staterooms.

Thanks. I just got the upgrade offer and I could not find any info on this suite for the Jewel. The floorplan mskes it look like ther's a hot tub on the balcony, but I can't find anything confirming this.

EDIT: I did find some info for the GEM on these suites, and they do (at least on the GEM) have hot tubs on the balcony. One reviewer complained that they drained it after each use, and you needed to inform them when you wanted it refilled. Others didn't mention this. I imagine it slops all over the balcony in rough seas.

752x500_JWL_SUITE_DELUXE_OWNERS_floorplan.jpg

Edited by Fee Waybill
Update

43 minutes ago, Fee Waybill said:

Thanks. I just got the upgrade offer and I could not find any info on this suite for the Jewel. The floorplan mskes it look like ther's a hot tub on the balcony, but I can't find anything confirming this.

EDIT: I did find some info for the GEM on these suites, and they do (at least on the GEM) have hot tubs on the balcony. One reviewer complained that they drained it after each use, and you needed to inform them when you wanted it refilled. Others didn't mention this. I imagine it slops all over the balcony in rough seas.

Look at this YouTube Video for the post dry dock conversion:

I have 15500 booked JEWEL sailing 9/16 Seward Vancouver - 44 days to go !

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/DP/deckplans/youtube.php?id=11328

1 hour ago, Fee Waybill said:

This is the owner suite located off the Haven - it's not one of the forward DOS.  The suite is located on deck 15, mid-ship, and over looks the pool area.  To access this suite you use a stair case from the Haven - there is no elevator to the suite, but it's only one flight of stairs.

Yes, the hot tub is emptied after every use and refilled upon request.

Edited by Girr

3 hours ago, Girr said:

This is the owner suite located off the Haven - it's not one of the forward DOS.  The suite is located on deck 15, mid-ship, and over looks the pool area.  To access this suite you use a stair case from the Haven - there is no elevator to the suite, but it's only one flight of stairs.

Yes, the hot tub is emptied after every use and refilled upon request.

Maybe to clear muddy stirred things - the JEWEL does not have deck 12 DOS like the DAWN & STAR

The DOS are on decks 9 & 10 cabins 9004 9504 10004 & 10504 each of these have a side facing

balcony and a forward facing one.

The other DOS are on deck 15 (stair access only) cabins 15000 & 15500.

DOS have access to the HAVEN