Let Mer

Jeter02

57 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

Has anyone tried Le Mer on the Majestic? If so, how was it, and was it worth the upgraded cost? Debating if it's worth a try on the Sky.

There are a couple of pretty good reviews on it. Now whether you can find them is another story. 

I have no desire on my upcoming Sky cruise.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

There are a couple of pretty good reviews on it. Now whether you can find them is another story. 

I have no desire on my upcoming Sky cruise.

Usually I don't do specialty restaurants, but was curious as this was something new. Are used to do crown grill years ago but then I stopped. I done sabatini's before they change the menu which now has nothing I would ever touch. And I had a good group of people steer me in the right direction when I was tempted to try the Curtis Stone share restaurant. I'm glad I never did do it because I did not hear great things from people on the board and better yet from the head maitre d.

33 minutes ago, Jeter02 said:

And I had a good group of people steer me in the right direction when I was tempted to try the Curtis Stone share restaurant. I'm glad I never did do it because I did not hear great things from people on the board and better yet from the head maitre d.

There's usually one Curtis Stone entree on the MDR menu...probably trying to drum up interest in Share.

I've tried 2. The absolutely gross Pork Belly which is just a big chunk of FAT. One bite was all it took.

The Chicken Pot Pie is pretty good, but it needs more veggies.

Just now, JF - retired RRT said:

There's usually one Curtis Stone entree on the MDR menu...probably trying to drum up interest in Share.

I've tried 2. The absolutely gross Pork Belly which is just a big chunk of FAT. One bite was all it took.

The Chicken Pot Pie is pretty good, but it needs more veggies.

Those Curtis Stone additions in the MDR, don't exist in Share. One I do like in the MDR is the seafood stew bowl. Muscles, clam, halibut, scallops, and whatever else is in there. That's pretty darn good.

I had the seafood stew several times last month on our b2b 28 day cruise and found it to be very good.  We used to go to Sabatini's once per cruise but the new menu is a bit offsetting so we have not gone yet.  Perhaps on the next cruise we will have to give Sabatini's a try.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jeter02 said:

Usually I don't do specialty restaurants, but was curious as this was something new. Are used to do crown grill years ago but then I stopped. I done sabatini's before they change the menu which now has nothing I would ever touch. And I had a good group of people steer me in the right direction when I was tempted to try the Curtis Stone share restaurant. I'm glad I never did do it because I did not hear great things from people on the board and better yet from the head maitre d.

You will probably not be happy.  Stick to MDR and/or buffet.  No worries about being disappointed again..  And you won’t need to pay an up charge.

Good luck.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I ate once at Le Mer on the Majestic.  It was Ok. Service was good but the food was not something I would choose again.  I am hoping that the location on the Sky will offer a little more privacy.  I chose an early reservation time and still heard quite a bit of noise from the Piazza.  

We tried Le Mer on Majestic and were very disappointed. We chose 8pm to dine and that may have been part of the problem.

I chose the lobster bisque which tasted as if it had been watered down. It still had reasonable bisque flavour but had lost that silky texture that a good bisque should have. DH tasted it and said the bisque he'd had in the MDR the previous night was better. I also chose the duck which was inedible - cold, dry and tough. The head waiter must have noticed my expression when I tasted it and came over to offer a replacement. I then chose the scallops which, after an annoying wait, arrived hot and  beautifully cooked although I didn't think the artichoke puree worked very well with the scallops - too bitter.

The desserts were wonderful though. I had the best Iles Flottante I have ever had in my life.

The waiter we had was terrible. Snooty and sloppy. When serving our champagne he spilled some and didn't wipe it up. After removing the pastry top from the bisque there were pastry crumbs all over the table and, again, not wiped up until the head waiter came by and did it herself.

The ambiance was cold and uninviting, although it worked well as a cafe during the day. Luckily the fairly loud music from the atrium suited our tastes otherwise it would have been annoying.

Would I recommend La Mer? No, not at that price and/or not on Majestic. However bear in mind that food experiences ship to ship can be quite different. They may have improved it on Sky, and the menu may have changed.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

9 hours ago, LSGDRG said:

I ate once at Le Mer on the Majestic.  It was Ok. Service was good but the food was not something I would choose again.  I am hoping that the location on the Sky will offer a little more privacy.  I chose an early reservation time and still heard quite a bit of noise from the Piazza.  

The location according to deck plans is on deck 6 in the piazza. I know a lot of people were mentioning the concerns of ambiance. With Alfredo's, especially for lunch, I see no problem same with the sushi terrace in Royal and Regal, as they are both casual eateries.