LIVE From Sirena - Post Drydock/Refurbishment PHOTOS

On 7/21/2019 at 4:26 PM, californiacruisefreak said:

Cabin category was PH2.  Review should be posting.  I will warn you if sailing on Sirena not to expect a happy and dynamic crew.  The crew seems absolutely miserable.  The cruise directory makes his quick appearances and then disappears from the public eye quickly.  Something is broken with management on this ship.  Definitely not a cohesive or friendly crew.  There were many times that my group felt (this was universal) that we were inconveniencing the crew by being on board.  Mega management failure for such a beautiful ship.  We still will likely consider Oceania in the future, but with tempered expectations.  As a last note, we have experienced the indifference and at times rudeness of the crew on other Oceania ships as well.  VERY inconsistent.  

On 7/21/2019 at 4:26 PM, californiacruisefreak said:

Cabin category was PH2.  Review should be posting.  I will warn you if sailing on Sirena not to expect a happy and dynamic crew.  The crew seems absolutely miserable.  The cruise directory makes his quick appearances and then disappears from the public eye quickly.  Something is broken with management on this ship.  Definitely not a cohesive or friendly crew.  There were many times that my group felt (this was universal) that we were inconveniencing the crew by being on board.  Mega management failure for such a beautiful ship.  We still will likely consider Oceania in the future, but with tempered expectations.  As a last note, we have experienced the indifference and at times rudeness of the crew on other Oceania ships as well.  VERY inconsistent.  

We were on the Sirena two months ago, and none of the above descriptions apply, especially for management. We have been on O cruises many times, and have always had great response from total management and staff. But I have also witnessed some rude passengers that felt entitled to anything and everything. We traveled with another couple and they also DID NOT have described experience.

Excited Cruise Traveler:  That's wonderful that you had a great experience.  My party is very polite and respectful.  I'm just reporting our subjective experience.  Rude passengers definitely do exist.  I still stand by the majority of the staff being indifferent and often flat out rude.  I will add that I had an opportunity to chat with the hotel manager who expressed his own disappointment in his company's hiring practices and stated that he had been with the line for 8 years and quality has gone down substantially with the staff.  It's a frustrating situation for him as he is a total professional committed to perfection, quality and guest satisfaction.  He has little to no control over hiring.  Check out my review which has posted.  

23 minutes ago, californiacruisefreak said:

I will add that I had an opportunity to chat with the hotel manager who expressed his own disappointment in his company's hiring practices and stated that he had been with the line for 8 years and quality has gone down substantially with the staff.  It's a frustrating situation for him as he is a total professional committed to perfection, quality and guest satisfaction

A most unusual and unprofessional conversation from a "total professional" O Hotel Manager unless he is actively seeking a new job 😉

Those types of concerns should be discussed with his supervisors and home office and not with customers. I can see perhaps these types of comments made to a customer who is possibly in the President's Circle and they have known each other for years - not with just any customer.

JMO

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 2