Bayamo OB - Escape

gatorchinsky

We will be on the Escape in November when she is back in Miami.  One of our perks is the 3 SDP.  We have never dined at OB before because we never wanted to pay the upcharge.  I have read some posts that say there is now no upcharge except for a few items on the menu and some posts that say there is still the $10 or $12 upcharge just to eat there.  If there is no upcharge we may try and eat there but wanted to see if anyone who has been on the Escape recently know for sure.  If someone has the menu from the Escape that would be great too.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but can someone explain what the upcharge is? We're booked on the Escape for October and also have the free 3 SDP as part of our perks. I haven't read anything about upcharges up till now. What exactly is that?

13 hours ago, callmebetty said:

We went in February (not sure if it's that recent). $12 upcharge, seafood extravaganza excluded. Hubby ordered it and paid 39.99 but we were refunded the 12 upcharge they initially charged him.

The change that has been talked about (but I’m not sure whether confirmed) seems to be related to the recent price increases that happened in the past couple of weeks.

18 minutes ago, ThxMomnDad said:

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but can someone explain what the upcharge is? We're booked on the Escape for October and also have the free 3 SDP as part of our perks. I haven't read anything about upcharges up till now. What exactly is that?

If you look at the T&Cs of the dining package on the NCL website, it lists some restaurants where there is an additional charge on top of your dining credit.

3 minutes ago, KeithJenner said:

If you look at the T&Cs of the dining package on the NCL website, it lists some restaurants where there is an additional charge on top of your dining credit.

Thanks KeithJenner! I'll take a look.

8 minutes ago, Paphillyguy said:

When we ate there in March under the dining plan, we were limited to one app (either a salad or app not both) one entree with 2 sides and one dessert.  If you wanted more it was charged ala carte 

Is that just what you were told or what actually happened?

For a few years now, some people have been told that there are restrictions to the number of apps and desserts they can order with the dining package. If you do actually order any more than they say then they don't actually charge you. The T&C's clearly only state a limit to the number of entrees.

Edited by KeithJenner
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KeithJenner said:

Is that just what you were told or what actually happened?

For a few years now, some people have been told that there are restrictions to the number of apps and desserts they can order with the dining package. If you do actually order any more than they say then they don't actually charge you. The T&C's clearly only state a limit to the number of entrees.

It is what we were told.  We knew about the one entree and that I understand.  There is nothing about a limit in the Apps and Desserts.  We ordered a salad and an app, we were told that there would be a charge for one.  We talked to the manager and he said yes one is at a charge.  I said well nothing we saw said that there was a limit on either a salad or an app.  He said he would allow it this time.  I am not sure what would have happened if we just ordered without talking to him.   By the way, we were not that impressed with the food overall at Bayamo.  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

That seems incredibly misleading and shady of them, you're already paying a fee on top of simply attending.. Let people have more lettuce if they want without being given a hard time.. Sheesh

First time having Specialty Dining Package. Can someone clarify how many apps, salads,  desserts you can get before being charged. I think I understand only 1 Entree. Ive read so many different things on this topic and would like to know for sure my choices. I know Bayamo took the upcharge away. Looking at the menu can i order anything at no cost or is there a dollar amount limit? Im confused.

7 minutes ago, I want to cruise said:

First time having Specialty Dining Package. Can someone clarify how many apps, salads,  desserts you can get before being charged. I think I understand only 1 Entree. Ive read so many different things on this topic and would like to know for sure my choices. I know Bayamo took the upcharge away. Looking at the menu can i order anything at no cost or is there a dollar amount limit? Im confused.

If you read the terms, it explains that entrees are limited. There are no other limits mentioned. We always have multiple apps, or a salad plus app. At Cagney's we have multiple sides. There are no limits other than one entree, and this is the experience of the vast, vast majority of people who have been dining with the plan for many years. Occasionally you will see someone who was told that they are limited to one app, entree, and dessert. If that cruiser is aware that is incorrect, they notify the server, and it is fine for them to get multiples for no charge.  On the other hand, if that cruiser is unaware that they are being given incorrect information, then sometimes they don't order more, and come back here and report they were limited. That is rare.

Edited by LrgPizza

4 minutes ago, LrgPizza said:

If you read the terms, it explains that entrees are limited. There are no other limits mentioned. We always have multiple apps, or a salad plus app. At Cagney's we have multiple sides. There are no limits other than one entree, and this is the experience of the vast, vast majority of people who have been dining with the plan for many years. Occasionally you will see someone who was told that they are limited to one app, entree, and dessert. If that cruiser is aware that is incorrect, they notify the server, and it is fine for them to get multiples for no charge. if that cruiser is unaware that they are being given incorrect information, then sometimes they don't order more, and come back here and report they were limited. That is rare.

And just to add, if that cruiser is unaware that they are being given incorrect information but decide to order more anyway, expecting to be charged, they are not actually charged.

The number of people who have reported on here that they were actually charged for additional apps or desserts is one or two, to my knowledge.

Edited by KeithJenner