New Sanctuary furniture on Caribbean Princess

teach2eagles

9 hours ago, curlybelle2 said:

Not a fan of the new furniture. It looks cheap and uncomfortable. Disappointed. 

Yes, we are too.  Part of Princess Cruising for us is the Sanctuary and the COMFORT level of the cushions.  Doesn't seem much to ask in my opinion.  My husband said our days of cruising the way we want and are used to are limited and we have to make the decision if it is worth it.  Sanctuary is never fully booked when we are on board either.  

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 10:30 AM, jondfk said:

I take your point but as to the thickness of the cushions the more important question is likely to be maintenance / replacement frequency.  We've logged a hundred plus days in the Sanctuary and have had more than our share of thick cushions which were "shot" meaning beaten down by daily use to the point that you could feel the metal parts of the chair coming through.  

We frequently book the most forward chairs which likely are the most consistently booked, the chairs are numbered and the pads stay with the chairs (broadly speaking) from day to day so these, most frequently used ones, wear out long before anyone decides to replace them.  My point is a new "thin" pad may well be more comfortable than a worn out "thick" one - though it will undoubtedly have a shorter service life.  

I too won't like the chairs without arms, nor the loss of space to premium, little used cabana's.  It would have made far more sense to me to place the cabana's in the fully sunny areas as these are the last to sell out (in my observation) whereas shade seems to always be in demand.

As for the massage tents, in all my days up there I've seen one single massage.  On our recent trips on Grand the massage tents were used to stage breakfast pastries / tea / coffee and afternoon tea time.  Removing these to make room for 10 more loungers or a couple of cabana's would make a world of sense IMHO.

Agree 110%.

Do you guys think Princess watches these posts?  I know on our last cruise, it directed us to do a review through "Cruise Critic"...that was the first time for that in all the years cruising.  

To me it is like the Curtis Stone Restaurant that no one goes go...not good revenue for Princess.  

I agree about the pilot/focus meetings.  I addressed this before to Princess.  RCCL on turnaround days has everyone in a lounge and serves momosas and tells  you what will be going on next cruise, along with deals with spa, etc.  They also ask opinions and chat with the passengers.  I mentioned to Princess to do this, but never even got a reply back.  RCCL also gives a $100 credit for doing B2B.  Rule of business...keep good customers...keep them on board...less the stewards have to do also with a B2B in the same room.  

Just my opinion...but in all my years in supervisory/management, I listened to the people doing the job.  It makes sense to ask what people want and are willing to pay for and where they would be OK in cutting.  I understand, everyone is different; however, in this situation, they cut the Sanctuary benefits, thus the cushions/chairs/comfort and not the price.  

What do you guys think?  Am I out of line for my thinking.  We love Princess.  I hate to think our cruising with them has come to an end soon.  

• Like 1

Do you guys think Princess watches these posts?  I know on our last cruise, it directed us to do a review through "Cruise Critic"...that was the first time for that in all the years cruising.  

To me it is like the Curtis Stone Restaurant that no one goes go...not good revenue for Princess.  

I agree about the pilot/focus meetings.  I addressed this before to Princess.  RCCL on turnaround days has everyone in a lounge and serves momosas and tells  you what will be going on next cruise, along with deals with spa, etc.  They also ask opinions and chat with the passengers.  I mentioned to Princess to do this, but never even got a reply back.  RCCL also gives a $100 credit for doing B2B.  Rule of business...keep good customers...keep them on board...less the stewards have to do also with a B2B in the same room.  

Just my opinion...but in all my years in supervisory/management, I listened to the people doing the job.  It makes sense to ask what people want and are willing to pay for and where they would be OK in cutting.  I understand, everyone is different; however, in this situation, they cut the Sanctuary benefits, thus the cushions/chairs/comfort and not the price.  

What do you guys think?  Am I out of line for my thinking.  We love Princess.  I hate to think our cruising with them has come to an end soon.  

• Like 1

20 hours ago, mellon1 said:

If they did not care about the reaction they got on CC, telephone calls, emails and letters because of removing the Barrel chairs from balcony staterooms on their ships and leaving only one desk chair in the room for passenger comfort then I doubt they will really will care about changing the furniture in the Sanctuaries.  At least they left some furniture!! 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PrincessLuver said:

If they did not care about the reaction they got on CC, telephone calls, emails and letters because of removing the Barrel chairs from balcony staterooms on their ships and leaving only one desk chair in the room for passenger comfort then I doubt they will really will care about changing the furniture in the Sanctuaries.  At least they left some furniture!! 🙂

Good point!  The reaction to the removal of the chairs was overwhelming.  If Princess didn't care about that, I doubt they place customer feedback high on their list of concerns.  It seems so many of the mainstream lines are now focusing on new cruisers as opposed to their loyal base.

On 7/28/2019 at 6:29 PM, mellon1 said:

I am curious...do the brand new ships have the thin cushions?  Or is CB a tryout?

My guess is that they are putting those new furniture on all new and refurbishments. We'll see when the next one goes thru a renovation or the Sky sails.

I can't believe they wouldn't care.  It is so much easier for a business to keep its current customers than to find new ones.  I hope someone posts from the Sky what the Sanctuary looks like.