Sirena Cabin

Empehi

Since the OceaniaNEXT refurbishment of the R Class ( particularly the Sirena)

What, if any changes, have been made to the layout of the cabins/bathrooms in the

"standard" cabins ( i.e. below suite )

It's just I've read so many stories of the shower being too small etc etc and wonder if

there has been any improvement in the layout

Thanks for any input :0)

4 hours ago, Alan2504 said:

What, if any changes, have been made to the layout of the cabins/bathrooms in the

It's just I've read so many stories of the shower being too small etc etc and wonder if

The foot print of the cabin has not changed  they did put  a glass door on the shower instead of the curtain & upgraded the mirror & vanity etc..

Video tour of Insignia  B cabin  Sirena  would be the same  except the 2 specialties are different

4 hours ago, Alan2504 said:

NEXT did not make the cabins or their bathrooms larger. The layout is the same.  They upgraded the bathrooms with shower doors versus a curtain, and the sink area was also upgraded to better materials.  The toilet is still at the odd angle as that cannot be changed.  NEXT mostly changed the colors of the ships with lighter colored furniture and fixtures

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

The foot print of the cabin has not changed  they did put  a glass door on the shower instead of the curtain & upgraded the mirror & vanity etc..

3 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

NEXT did not make the cabins or their bathrooms larger. The layout is the same.  They upgraded the bathrooms with shower doors versus a curtain, and the sink area was also upgraded to better materials.  The toilet is still at the odd angle as that cannot be changed.  NEXT mostly changed the colors of the ships with lighter colored furniture and fixtures

Thanks for the information, it sounds like they still suffer from the "size" problem then?

We found an interesting itinerary which we like but I'm concerned about how practical the bathroom

would be for me (6' 4" and not exactly a "bean pole" 🙃 ) ?

We maybe have to re-think and re-plan ?

Thanks again for the help !

Cabin “size” has not changed.

Sirenia Veranda cabin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xcI7ojQegXQ

Sirenia Penthouse cabin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-fgfVkMqw

Sirenia Owners Suite

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xWXtYMi8fbQ

Sirenia Full ship tour

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8SBa5i9WnK4

35 minutes ago, Alan2504 said:

Thanks for the information, it sounds like they still suffer from the "size" problem then?

We found an interesting itinerary which we like but I'm concerned about how practical the bathroom

would be for me (6' 4" and not exactly a "bean pole" 🙃 ) ?

We maybe have to re-think and re-plan ?

Thanks again for the help !

Those Sirena you tube cabin tours are being done by a guy who is 6'6" so that should give you an idea.

8 minutes ago, Alan2504 said:

Thanks for pointing us to this review very helpful !

Thank you !

ICT Lineman was the one who posted but thank you.  I am on Sirena on Dec 1st and have poured over them several times.  I  usually cruise on Riviera or Marina but have been on Insignia and Regatta.  Think it is really nice to get a dedicated Red Ginger on Sirena.  Those washrooms on o/v, balcony and Concierge are small.  Like someone else said, if you can splurge for a ph, they are a really nice cabin size with a decent sized bathroom.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, cruisingxpert said:

ICT Lineman was the one who posted but thank you.  I am on Sirena on Dec 1st and have poured over them several times.  I  usually cruise on Riviera or Marina but have been on Insignia and Regatta.  Think it is really nice to get a dedicated Red Ginger on Sirena.  Those washrooms on o/v, balcony and Concierge are small.  Like someone else said, if you can splurge for a ph, they are a really nice cabin size with a decent sized bathroom.

We are trying for a third time to sail on Sirena next fall - she is the one with the itin that we want.  We have only sailed on Marina and would have stuck with the O class ships if they offered where we want to go.  I will miss La Reserve very much.

I knew from seeing John's videos listed above that I could not cope with the tiny shower, so we knew it was a PH or nothing.  You touched on the other thing that convinced us to try the smaller ship and that is the addition of Red Ginger on Sirena.

12 minutes ago, Kate-AHF said:

We are trying for a third time to sail on Sirena next fall - she is the one with the itin that we want.  We have only sailed on Marina and would have stuck with the O class ships if they offered where we want to go.  I will miss La Reserve very much.

I knew from seeing John's videos listed above that I could not cope with the tiny shower, so we knew it was a PH or nothing.  You touched on the other thing that convinced us to try the smaller ship and that is the addition of Red Ginger on Sirena.

I love O class and will miss La Reserve and Jacques but there are a few other things that are very nice on the R ships.  Having sailed HAL before I converted to O class, one thing I did miss was the wraparound promenade that HAL ships have.  Sirena doesn't have full wraparound but they do have outdoor promenade on either side of the ship.   

Also, because they don't have 4 specialty restaurants, Privee and La Reserve like the O class,

the main dining room menu has selections every night from the specialties.  On the O class I have had some cruises where I never went to the main dining room but really enjoyed the main dr on the small ships.

One other point- I couldn't figure why everyone loved the miso sea bass.  I had tried it on Riviera and didn't care for it.  It was offered on Insignia one night and we ordered it as a side dinner- I loved it so now I will order it on O class.

And another point.  The ph cabin is a fairly square cabin and I think layout is nicer than O ph.  Bathroom win goes to O class bathrooms in any category.

Just my 2 cents😀

• Like 2

On 2/27/2021 at 3:41 PM, ICT lineman said:

Cabin “size” has not changed.

Sirenia Veranda cabin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xcI7ojQegXQ

Sirenia Penthouse cabin

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Ut-fgfVkMqw

Sirenia Owners Suite

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xWXtYMi8fbQ

Sirenia Full ship tour

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8SBa5i9WnK4

On 2/27/2021 at 4:04 PM, cruisingxpert said:

Those Sirena you tube cabin tours are being done by a guy who is 6'6" so that should give you an idea.

On 2/27/2021 at 4:48 PM, cruisingxpert said:

Thanks again everyone !

I guess if a 6' 6'' cruise salesman can sneak in to the shower I should give it a try 🙄

managed to find an aft veranda stateroom  on deck 6 so with that wee bit of extra space

an al fresco rain shower could be an option 🤣🤣🤣 if all else fails !

7 minutes ago, Alan2504 said:

managed to find an aft veranda stateroom  on deck 6 so with that wee bit of extra space

an al fresco rain shower could be an option 🤣🤣🤣 if all else fails !

Congratulations.  Those cabins used to be balcony cabins and then became Concierge cabins because they were and still are so popular.  Love looking at the wake.