Sirena Cabin

Empehi

First time O cruiser. How are the C1 & C2 ocean view cabins. Size - both cabin and bath?

By paying up for a veranda would the size of both cabin & bath be significantly larger?

Thanks for any opinions.

tp

3 minutes ago, Empehi said:

First time O cruiser. How are the C1 & C2 ocean view cabins. Size - both cabin and bath?

By paying up for a veranda would the size of both cabin & bath be significantly larger?

Thanks for any opinions.

tp

No, they would not be bigger.  You need to go up to a PH to get a larger bathroom.  Or bigger room.  Square footage is the same, you just have a balcony now.

12 minutes ago, KS&JW said:

No, they would not be bigger.  You need to go up to a PH to get a larger bathroom.  Or bigger room.  Square footage is the same, you just have a balcony now.

Although the Cabins on the R ships are smaller than what is popular today, when these ships were designed they were built with longer cruises in mind, and for the upscale cruiser who would have the resources to sail on such a cruise.

Storage is extremely well thought out, and the room size is actually quite comfortable for the "average" couple.  

• Like 2

C1, C2, B1 and B2 cabins are all the same size on Oceania R ships. The difference between 216 sq. ft. for B cabins and 165 sq. ft. for C cabins is the balcony area. In a C cabin there is a large ledge below the window in lieu of a balcony.

We have been in both B and C cabins on R ships and actually prefer the deck 4 C forward cabins close to the elevator. We are rarely in the cabin and the window ledge provides a lot of extra storage. I get the ledge, she gets the drawers.

In port you get on and off the ship from deck 4. For ship excursions you go up 1 to the lounge on deck 5 forward to check-in and then, when in port, down 1 to deck 4 or, for tender, down 2 flights of stairs to deck 3 forward. When you return to the ship you will not have wait will all the other pax for an elevator to deck 6, 7 or 8.

Depending on the itinerary and for the money, you may not find a balcony particularly useful. In the Caribbean you will be at the pool and in Alaska it may be too cold. On both the R an O ships we spend the majority of time in the pool area or Horizons and really only go aft to eat.

On O ships we book a C cabin which is the same size as A and B cabins but has a floor to ceiling window and no balcony.

Edited by ICT lineman
  • Like 1

A cabins  also the same size inside  as the B,C & D

some exceptions apply

I agree on the storage  we always seem to have unused drawer space  (of course I try to pack light)

8 hours ago, LHT28 said:

I agree on the storage  we always seem to have unused drawer space  (of course I try to pack light

Indeed the storage is better on R ships vs O class ships in comparable cabins but the bathrooms are smaller.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, ICT lineman said:

C1, C2, B1 and B2 cabins are all the same size on Oceania R ships. The difference between 216 sq. ft. for B cabins and 165 sq. ft. for C cabins is the balcony area. In a C cabin there is a large ledge below the window in lieu of a balcony.

We have been in both B and C cabins on R ships and actually prefer the deck 4 C forward cabins close to the elevator. We are rarely in the cabin and the window ledge provides a lot of extra storage. I get the ledge, she gets the drawers.

In port you get on and off the ship from deck 4. For ship excursions you go up 1 to the lounge on deck 5 forward to check-in and then, when in port, down 1 to deck 4 or, for tender, down 2 flights of stairs to deck 3 forward. When you return to the ship you will not have wait will all the other pax for an elevator to deck 6, 7 or 8.

Depending on the itinerary and for the money, you may not find a balcony particularly useful. In the Caribbean you will be at the pool and in Alaska it may be too cold. On both the R an O ships we spend the majority of time in the pool area or Horizons and really only go aft to eat.

On O ships we book a C cabin which is the same size as A and B cabins but has a floor to ceiling window and no balcony.

I think that we will try that next year........You don't get much extra for concierge on the smaller ships

8 hours ago, Paulchili said:

Indeed the storage is better on R ships vs O class ships in comparable cabins but the bathrooms are smaller.

true

It  is not  a problem for us  as long as they are functional 😉

Something to ponder for R ships....   the insides on 8   near the forward elevator put a person in the most ideal location to zip  around to all the  best places...your mixed in  with the PH folks.   w1 deck up to Pool and waves bar, 2 decks up to Horizons and morning coffee bar  and  4 decks down to the theater...  Location location location !!!   and cheap too.

.  The C1 all the way foward are  the largest...larger than the B cabins  as they are actually B cabins with no veranda  and a porthole.       Something to consider

Oceania Sirena was originally the Renaissance R 4.

At some point in her history, either as a new build by Renaissance or re-fitted by Princess or Oceania there are 2 cabins on deck 4 that are Handicap. Port side cabin 4054 is replaced by with Handicap accessible cabins 4052 and 4056.

These 2 cabins have Handicap bathrooms with ample room at the end of the bed for a wheelchair to get to the other side.

All B and C cabins on the R ships have only about 18-20 inches between the end of the bed and the wall. And if you drop the soap in a B or C cabin shower you may have open the door to get out and retrieve it.

We do not need nor would we book 4052 or 4056 but if you do, it is only common courtesy to do so with the understanding that you will move if they are truly required by another passenger(s).

16 minutes ago, ICT lineman said:

Insignia and Sirena have undergone the OceaniaNEXT re-fit with new decor shipwide and glass shower doors in B and C cabins.

I suspect the A  & D  cabins will have the doors  same as the B & C for those ships  that have undergone the refurb

On 7/19/2019 at 10:59 AM, Hawaiidan said:

.  The C1 all the way foward are  the largest...larger than the B cabins  as they are actually B cabins with no veranda  and a porthole.       Something to consider

I agree about the C1 cabins on 6, 7 and 8 - they are huge in that the area that would be the balcony is now part of the stateroom, giving it a very roomy feel.  We've had those staterooms a couple of times out of choice after experiencing one with a TREMENDOUS buy down from a concierge on our first O cruise.  Basically, they almost paid for our entire cruise that time.

Donna

30 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

I agree about the C1 cabins on 6, 7 and 8 - they are huge in that the area that would be the balcony is now part of the stateroom, giving it a very roomy feel.  We've had those staterooms a couple of times out of choice after experiencing one with a TREMENDOUS buy down from a concierge on our first O cruise.  Basically, they almost paid for our entire cruise that time.

Donna

By buy down  I assume you mean they offered you $$$$ to change.    I got a PH to a B2. and a free cruise plus a lot of cash... mailed to my home  not OBC !!!    I would take  a buy down or down sell in a second....  Your a smart cookie.

1 hour ago, GeorgesGal said:

I agree about the C1 cabins on 6, 7 and 8 -

Donna

there are no C1's on deck 8 

There is  a trade off for some  with  problems  with the "motion of the ocean"  😲

I will stick with deck 4  😁

21 hours ago, Hawaiidan said:

By buy down  I assume you mean they offered you $$$$ to change.    I got a PH to a B2. and a free cruise plus a lot of cash... mailed to my home  not OBC !!!    I would take  a buy down or down sell in a second....  Your a smart cookie.

Correct, Dan.  I think that first cruise ended up costing us about $500 pp for a 14 day cruise!  Absolute blissful accepting that offer.  Hasn't happened again, but who knows....

And thanks for the compliment!

Donna

• Like 1

On 7/18/2019 at 3:42 PM, StanandJim said:

Although the Cabins on the R ships are smaller than what is popular today, when these ships were designed they were built with longer cruises in mind, and for the upscale cruiser who would have the resources to sail on such a cruise.

Storage is extremely well thought out, and the room size is actually quite comfortable for the "average" couple.  

And who would the average couple be?  I think we are average.  For me the longer the cruise the worse it would be in a smaller cabin.  When we did a long cruise in Nautica we took a Vista to give us more room for the amount of time we were on the ship.  And it was great.  Too bad we can't afford it all the time.  

The only issue I've ever had with the room size for a stateroom below PH on the R ships is the angle of the stool in bath. The rest of it is workable. Are the staterooms on the O ships better? Yes, but I do love the R ships. It's what O built their customer base with.

space in a cabin comes at a premium. Decide what type of cabin suits you. On O most venues can be accessed by all guests. No suite class dining room. Everyone can enjoy any of the dining options. Specialty dining reservations are distributed fairly.  I would prefer the cheapest cabin on a better ship than the most expensive suite on any mass market ship. If you are booking suites on mass market lines, you should try a more luxurious line. You may find a new way of cruising. O is a move that you may enjoy.

• Like 1

On 7/25/2019 at 9:42 AM, ORV said:

The only issue I've ever had with the room size for a stateroom below PH on the R ships is the angle of the stool in bath. The rest of it is workable. Are the staterooms on the O ships better? Yes, but I do love the R ships. It's what O built their customer base with.

Yes, and Ford built their customer base on the Model T, but they don't make it any more.  Need to change to get better.   Every business does.   

On 7/25/2019 at 10:53 AM, Redtravel said:

space in a cabin comes at a premium. Decide what type of cabin suits you. On O most venues can be accessed by all guests. No suite class dining room. Everyone can enjoy any of the dining options. Specialty dining reservations are distributed fairly.  I would prefer the cheapest cabin on a better ship than the most expensive suite on any mass market ship. If you are booking suites on mass market lines, you should try a more luxurious line. You may find a new way of cruising. O is a move that you may enjoy.

And that dear friends... is one of the best  explanations  ever presented.     The most amusing thing  to see is how the mass market lines  quickly escalate  prices to get into their  special cabins  .Still in a monster mass market chaos Where as for less money on could enjoy way more for way less by changing lines not cabins....

Edited by Hawaiidan