Taking food off ship Shore Excursions

kruisey

On 7/25/2019 at 2:46 PM, INeedAMaiTai said:

For the last 12 years I have traveled with little ones and always take baggies to fill with snacks from the buffet.  Not necessarily big pieces of fruit, but I will usually make sandwiches, bring cheese, the dried fruit from the mornings; things like that for them to eat between meal times.  I have never been stopped, though I have not yet cruised in Europe.  I get the trash thing though, that makes total sense!

While they may not check, it is usually printed in the Patter for the day and there is also usually a sign where you disembark.  If you take those things off the ship, you are breaking the rules, even if you do not get caught.  Those rules exist for a reason, and they pertain to everyone.  If you need snacks for your kids, bring pre-packaged granola bars and such, or grab the packaged cereal from the buffet.

On 7/25/2019 at 2:46 PM, INeedAMaiTai said:

For the last 12 years I have traveled with little ones and always take baggies to fill with snacks from the buffet.  Not necessarily big pieces of fruit, but I will usually make sandwiches, bring cheese, the dried fruit from the mornings; things like that for them to eat between meal times.  I have never been stopped, though I have not yet cruised in Europe.  I get the trash thing though, that makes total sense!

You did this, even though you're aware you're not supposed to?

Most ports I've been to have had the "do not take from ship ......"list that includes such things as fruit, dairy products, meats.  

• Like 1

Australia is VERY strict and if you’re caught taking food items (prepackaged/commercially packed excepted) into the country you will be caught and may be fined. Those dogs have an excellent sense of smell and there are always announcements warning passengers of quarantine restrictions.

Passengers should always respect the country’s quarantine rules no matter what country. 

Just an FYI that, on Caribbean cruises, Cozumel port has ALWAYS had dogs when we’ve gone through, could be for food or drugs, but I have seen them stop people for food...only port I’ve ever seen it be actively enforced in 12 Caribbean and one Med cruise.

1 hour ago, h-sar said:

Just an FYI that, on Caribbean cruises, Cozumel port has ALWAYS had dogs when we’ve gone through, could be for food or drugs, but I have seen them stop people for food...only port I’ve ever seen it be actively enforced in 12 Caribbean and one Med cruise.

I have seen them checking in Barbados, as you exit the port mall. To ignore the rules/laws in addition to breaking the law is also being very disrespectful to the country you are visiting.

• Like 1