How does thie "upgrade thing" work?

Riley's Mom

I have checked around on My Cruise on Carnival.com, I am registered, but I'm thinking that since we booked thru a travel agent, maybe we don't have the option of finding our cabin info online. I tried to "buy a gift" and it asks for my cruise confirmation # and cabin #, which of course, I don't have...and it doesn't auto-fill. I don't think that we'll know until we get our docs or maybe even upon boarding......booo hoooo. I'll just keep my fingers x'd...that would be cool!!!

You could always ask your TA for your cruise confirmation number...that is what we always do to order things before we get our docs.:cool:

Miss Meow,

EastTN's method only works for those who booked directly with Carnival; for those who booked with a TA its a different process to find your assignment. First you have to log in, THEN go to the Funpass and fill that out, at the end, with the screen where it shows all three parts of the Funpass as "Complete" THEN click on the Order Gifts link. Look at the URL or scroll to the bottom of the page, your room number is at the end. Note: Do not go to the gifts link from any page other than the Funpass Complete page or it won't work.

You need to go to the upper right corner and click on my profile once that page loads go to where it says complete online boarding pass (the one in the box titled Current Reservations) then under your completed funpass there will be a link called order gifts and services. click on that then click on any item once you have done that at the bottom of that page it will have your booking number and under that your cabin number this works if you are less then 45 days!!

We are leaving on 2/13 and still have not received our Doc's. My TA says there was "some sort of Glitch" but more likely it is her! We booked as a group of 8 (back in June) and she assured us we would be upgraded nicely. We'll - she called yesterday to say she did call to get our rooms and we booked Inside Guarantee and only got upgraded 1 deck to Main - mid-ship. All of our rooms are together though. Have your TA call and get your rooms assignments. Good luck!

Just did the fun pass method and found out all 6 rooms I booked on the Miracle on 3/26 were upgraded from inside gty to 5a obstructed window. Also all rooms are conveniently located on the same hall about mid ship....talk about luck:cool:

We are on the same cruise as you. We have a group of 12 going ages 48 -6 see you then.

If you are going the same time we are you should check out our roll call.....it's quite chatty.....I'm traveling with a group of 12......5 teenage girls 15-19......5 moms 40-60 something......1 boy 15.....one dad mid 40's.

It's a mom and me trip with a tag along dad and brother.....

Ohhhh, crum.....I've already taken care of filling out the fun pass - once we got all our arrangements made (hotel, transportation in Miami, etc), and final payment made on the cruise.. I went ahead and did the fun pass and it's now complete....There's no way for me to go back in and play with that is there:( ??

Ohhhh, crum.....I've already taken care of filling out the fun pass - once we got all our arrangements made (hotel, transportation in Miami, etc), and final payment made on the cruise.. I went ahead and did the fun pass and it's now complete....There's no way for me to go back in and play with that is there:( ??

Just go back into complete fun pass on line .. fill in booking number and stuff and the completed screen will come back up..... go to the bottom and click on order gifts. pick a gift and it will give you your room number and then just back out of the order.

AHHHHHHHHHH HAAAAAAAAA!!!! Got it...and it appears that we have, at this point, cabin 2204, which appears to be at the very bow end of Main deck......like it's the last cabin on that side in that hall. Wonder what the ride is like that far to the bow. And wonder what the chances are that that will change again before we go. We were "guaranteed" inside cabin Rivera deck...so, if nothing else, it's up a deck...

Thank you for all your help!! That's very cool.

Another question on upgrades. We're booked on the Riviera deck on an upcoming Elation cruise (2/20). I noticed on the Carnival website yesterday that they are offering "free" upgrades from Riviera to Empress deck.

I did book through a TA, but does anyone have experience getting the free upgrade through a TA, not necessarily getting a refund?

Thanks,
Kevin

Archived