Buying liquor from Liberty of the seas store

2 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

There are some items that sell out like Hennessy White and Sheridan's because they're unavailable in the US. Hennessy White is usually more expensive on the ship than in the duty free shops in port, but the ship will price match even after you bought it. Just take a picture with your phone.

I have encountered quite a few stores in the Caribbean that will NOT let you take a picture of the prices in their stores.  They know why you are doing it, and move swiftly to prevent you from doing that.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

There are some items that sell out like Hennessy White and Sheridan's because they're unavailable in the US. Hennessy White is usually more expensive on the ship than in the duty free shops in port, but the ship will price match even after you bought it. Just take a picture with your phone.

Agree I have a bottle of white Hennessy in my cabinet does not really taste different,   St Maarten had some grand marnier that was not sold here also. 

• Like 1

I always buy Hennessy White and Sheridan’s in its novel two compartment bottle. As mentioned nether is available in the US, and I think their taste lives up to the exclusivity—my normal cognac is Hennessy, and after cruises I set it aside until the White, which I find much smoother, is gone. On Anthem at Christmas, I found a much better buy on Patron than I can get anywhere. And after an Anthem bourbon tasting, I will be adding Buffalo trace to my list when I cruise Harmony in a couple weeks.

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Merion_Mom said:

I have encountered quite a few stores in the Caribbean that will NOT let you take a picture of the prices in their stores.  They know why you are doing it, and move swiftly to prevent you from doing that.

Better to ask forgiveness rather than permission. Just take the picture.  BTW, maybe it would be a good idea to start a thread (somewhere) with snapshots of the lowest prices. I have a snapshot of Hennessy White I took at Sint Maarten and would be happy to share it.

48 minutes ago, Sizzlechest said:

Better to ask forgiveness rather than permission. Just take the picture.  BTW, maybe it would be a good idea to start a thread (somewhere) with snapshots of the lowest prices. I have a snapshot of Hennessy White I took at Sint Maarten and would be happy to share it.

I would very much appreciate the photo as my cruise on the 4th will stop in Sint Martin. I purchased Henny White on a ship for $50 per, and a woman in the shop—whom I did not know—lent me her phone w/photo taken that day in Grand Cayman at $35 per, and the ship matched it. 

1 hour ago, vidsmart said:

I would very much appreciate the photo as my cruise on the 4th will stop in Sint Martin. I purchased Henny White on a ship for $50 per, and a woman in the shop—whom I did not know—lent me her phone w/photo taken that day in Grand Cayman at $35 per, and the ship matched it. 

Here you go:

thumbnail.jpg

16 hours ago, Sizzlechest said:

Great idea!

15 hours ago, vidsmart said:

Great deal!

On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 10:58 AM, Julia429 said:

Is the tequila factory anywhere near Royal Caribbean port or Mr. Sanchos by chance? I was hoping to get some good tequila.

No sure of the proximity.....we were to many spots and would not know how far, in relation to the places your asking about....sorry.  If you like tequila, I would definitely suggest visiting the tequila factory.  They are VERY generous with their samples and very educational, as well!  Great prices on the tequila!! 

• Thanks 1