outlets on Liberty

we are cruising in November 2019 on LOS. we have sailed this ship before but I can't remember if there are outlets near the bed. do I need to bring an extension? I like to have a fan next to the bed. should I ask for one or bring one?

9 minutes ago, StormySeas said:

we are cruising in November 2019 on LOS. we have sailed this ship before but I can't remember if there are outlets near the bed. do I need to bring an extension? I like to have a fan next to the bed. should I ask for one or bring one?

I do not believe that there are outlets near the bed.   I would strongly suggest that you not bring a cord as it will either be confiscated or you will wait in line to explain it.   Contact special needs at 866-592-7225 and tell them that you need to use a fan for medical reasons.  They should provide the cord and, most likely, the fan as well.   If it is not in the cabin when you board just ask your stateroom attendant.

Thank you! has anyone ever gotten the fan from special needs? is it really big or a small fan? just wondering how much room it will take up. I have a small battery operated fan but it does not move much air.

1 hour ago, StormySeas said:

There have been some reports of people having good luck with USB rechargeable fans.  Fans that have an A/C plug have been confiscated at times.

I have never had an issue bringing an extension cord in either my checked bag or carryon.  Not a powerstrip and not 3 pronged.

There are some larger usb  powered fans this one is 9 inch and you can get very long usb cables or could run it off a USB  battery pack

23 bucks

https://www.amazon.com/OPOLAR-Powered-Battery-Enhanced-Personal/dp/B06WGLGJ94/ref=sr_1_4?keywords=usb+powered+fan&qid=1563724046&s=gateway&sr=8-4

battery8132ZO4vZkL._SL1500_.jpg

4 minutes ago, StormySeas said:

thank you! where do you place the fan? is there a place near the bed or does it need to be on the desk across the room?

There are nightstands on either side of the bed.

one more question...if I get the USB fan and a long cord, how wide is the room? if I get a 10ft cord will I  trip over it at night when I get up? I am thinking that 10ft is not long enough. I am thinking it will be suspended like a tightrope for mice from one side of the room to the other.

2 minutes ago, StormySeas said:

one more question...if I get the USB fan and a long cord, how wide is the room? if I get a 10ft cord will I  trip over it at night when I get up? I am thinking that 10ft is not long enough. I am thinking it will be suspended like a tightrope for mice from one side of the room to the other.

I don't think a 10' cord will be long enough, depending on what side of the bed you want to use.  I'd get 15' or 20'.

• Like 1