Cunard Benefits

Moscowlad

Hello all 

I was wondering if anyone could help me. I am sailing from Southampton this August as a platinium member. My CWC membership benefits booklet says that I get "Priority check-in", I am travelling with a friend who is alas on Silver. Can he check in with me at the priority desk or do I need to stay with him?

Thanks

And ! did you know  ( assuming your voyage is seven days or more)  your travel companion can also accompany you to the 'Cunard World Club' evening reception . 😉

Technically speaking, ( as you are platinum )  your companion could also accompany you to the Senior officers reception, however , these days individual 'printed invitations' are sent to those eligible , so not too sure how that would work with a companion.   

38 minutes ago, Bell Boy said:

Technically speaking, ( as you are platinum )  your companion could also accompany you to the Senior officers reception, however , these days individual 'printed invitations' are sent to those eligible , so not too sure how that would work with a companion.   

Invitations only apply to those eligible.

Not that they are missing much these days. The "fizz" is now Spumante and to be avoided. We always ask for something else if we bother to go. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bell Boy said:

And ! did you know  ( assuming your voyage is seven days or more)  your travel companion can also accompany you to the 'Cunard World Club' evening reception . 😉

Some how a party in the late morning which is what the Senior Officers Party was on my last time aboard has lost some of its "glamour". 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Moscowlad said:

Thanks for all the replies.

We're going on the Norwegian Fjords jaunt, so they will probably arrange the officers' meeting for middle of the day when we are in port. 

I thunk they usually have them on seadays. I find the ones before lunch most enjoyable.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Moscowlad said:

Thanks for all the replies.

We're going on the Norwegian Fjords jaunt, so they will probably arrange the officers' meeting for middle of the day when we are in port. 

On my 7 night Fjords cruise in June, I never received an invitation to a Senior Officers party or the wine tasting (I'm teetotal so I'm not to worried about missing the tasting). Still, I have to wonder whether those events happened at all on that cruise.

15 hours ago, NavyPanda said:

On my 7 night Fjords cruise in June, I never received an invitation to a Senior Officers party or the wine tasting (I'm teetotal so I'm not to worried about missing the tasting). Still, I have to wonder whether those events happened at all on that cruise.

We were on the fjords sailing departing 16th June and received invites to both. The tasting was on the first sea day and the senior officers was lunchtime on the last sea day. These were the only sea days on that cruise. We didn't attend either I'm afraid.

Edited by Camgirl

5 minutes ago, Camgirl said:

We were on the fjords sailing departing 16th June and received invites to both. The tasting was on the first sea day and the senior officers was lunchtime on the last sea day. These were the only sea days on that cruise. 

I feel a bit left out now! It was my first cruise as Platinum and I didn't receive my Platinum pin either. Perhaps I should have said something? Too late now... I'll probably have to ask for my pin badge next time.

Edit: I did receive my invitation to the World Club (Gold) party, however.

Edited by NavyPanda

16 hours ago, Bigmike911 said:

Some how a party in the late morning which is what the Senior Officers Party was on my last time aboard has lost some of its "glamour". 

27 minutes ago, NavyPanda said:

Agree, lost its sparkle, too many upper level attendees.  A bun fight on the QV & QE, a long Q before opened game of doors on the QM.  Lucky if you see a waiter after first drink. Officers rarely circulate, usually hogged by wannabes.   Gave it a miss years ago.

21 hours ago, BigMac1953 said:

Invitations only apply to those eligible.

Not that they are missing much these days. The "fizz" is now Spumante and to be avoided. We always ask for something else if we bother to go. 

On our recent Alaska cruise aboard the QE the senior officers party was held at 11:00 a.m. There was a queue to get in but it moved quickly. I asked if the bubbly was Pol Acker and was assured it was not, although neither of the two stewards knew what it was. It didn't taste as ghastly as spumante, but maybe there are some better than others. Even the dreaded "P.A." tastes a bit better some years than others.

It was easy to get a glass of red or white plonk and gin and tonic was on offer. Fancy drinks could be requested and were provided. Staff circulated frequently with refills and the hors d'oeuvres were generous. We sat with some very pleasant people. I am glad we went.

We passed on the wine tasting as we usually do. There was one time on the QM2 I am glad we went because one of the sommeliers wanted to prove to us that the cheapest wines on the list were quite respectable. He was right.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, BigMac1953 said:

Last November, on QE, I watched the staff wheel in a trolley full of Spumante a couple of hours before one of the parties started.

Once upon a time it was real champagne, but I don't think that will come round again.

Hope at least it was chilled. I must say I always get very nice G+Ts off the tray as I enter.

5 hours ago, PORT ROYAL said:

Agree, lost its sparkle, too many upper level attendees.  A bun fight on the QV & QE, a long Q before opened game of doors on the QM.  Lucky if you see a waiter after first drink. Officers rarely circulate, usually hogged by wannabes.   Gave it a miss years ago.

Wannabe what?

8 hours ago, NavyPanda said:

I feel a bit left out now! It was my first cruise as Platinum and I didn't receive my Platinum pin either. Perhaps I should have said something? Too late now... I'll probably have to ask for my pin badge next time.

Edit: I did receive my invitation to the World Club (Gold) party, however.

You always get your pin on the cruise after you become Platinum etc

17 minutes ago, qe2postcards said:

You always get your pin on the cruise after you become Platinum etc

This was my 8th Cunard cruise (7 previously completed) and my 'card' was Platinum for this one. Are you saying that I will get it on my 9th cruise? 

Not that I'm too fussed, I still have my 'Gold' (red) one but it's always nice to have something else. If I don't receive it on my next voyage, I'll speak to the Pursers Desk.

44 minutes ago, NavyPanda said:

This was my 8th Cunard cruise (7 previously completed) and my 'card' was Platinum for this one. Are you saying that I will get it on my 9th cruise? 

Not that I'm too fussed, I still have my 'Gold' (red) one but it's always nice to have something else. If I don't receive it on my next voyage, I'll speak to the Pursers Desk.

In that case you should have received your badge but as they hang them outside you door anyone can take them. The world club office will give you one.

17 hours ago, NavyPanda said:

Don't waste any time at the Purser's desk ( they won't have a clue about CWC levels) You need to go to the onboard 'Voyage Sales Office' where they will rectify things immediately.  

When I took my (then) recently widowered Dad (now sadly departed) on a Cunard cruise in Nov 2011, I was Platinum and he was a newbie Cunarder red-top. We both received invites to the senior officers' party, wine tastings etc, Captain's Table on two occasions, and he was treated like Royalty by the staff and crew. Whether that was down to my Platinum status, or (far more likely) the kindhearted staff, who knows, but he came away thinking the whole Cunard 'thing' was the 'cat's whiskers'!!!! I remember his eyes lighting up like beacons when he sat down to dinner that first evening in Britannia. And everytime someone put a glass of something sparkling before he him absolutely beamed!! Happy memories!

• Like 3