Fans, Hair Dryers, Steamers

Worldsurfer

I would appreciate input from you more seasoned Azamara cruisers:

Fans: Do they have any small fans that can be requested for use in the staterooms?

Hair Dryers: Are they adequate enough or am I better off brining my own? Does anyone know the wattage of the ones that are supplied?

Clothing Steamers: Are they approved for use in the room? We have butler service. Is a quick press part of the service? 

Thank you, as always.

I don't know about fans.

Hairdryers require that you constantly hold the button down to operate, can’t tell you the wattage. I prefer to bring a travel hairdryer with me, I have should length hair!

The laundry room on deck 7 has 2 irons/ironing boards. Steamers are not allowed. You can send items out to be pressed (for a fee) generally you get the item(s) back the following day. The butler is not the one who does the pressing but may be able to expedite for you.

8 hours ago, Worldsurfer said:

I would appreciate input from you more seasoned Azamara cruisers:

Fans: Do they have any small fans that can be requested for use in the staterooms?

Hair Dryers: Are they adequate enough or am I better off brining my own? Does anyone know the wattage of the ones that are supplied?

Clothing Steamers: Are they approved for use in the room? We have butler service. Is a quick press part of the service? 

Thank you, as always.

I think you get 4 garments pressed free if you are in a suite.

Just now, Werangels said:

I think you get 4 garments pressed free if you are in a suite.

Not on Azamara, sorry that’s a Celebrity perk. 

Watch re bringing your own hairdryer if it’s a powerful one it may not work. My trusty GHD dryer which has international voltage and has worked in some remote corners of the world won’t work on Azamara. It needs too much juice. 

2 hours ago, uktog said:

Not on Azamara, sorry that’s a Celebrity perk. 

Watch re bringing your own hairdryer if it’s a powerful one it may not work. My trusty GHD dryer which has international voltage and has worked in some remote corners of the world won’t work on Azamara. It needs too much juice. 

Yes you do!  2 garments each.  See below.

CB33AB8A-AAAD-42AD-A0DA-DA2BC9A16F52.thumb.jpeg.e3d9a9d452656159bfa9fa9dfaa0474a.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Interesting never had it. AND was charged for pressing on Pursuit last November so either it’s new or it was yet another thing our inadequate new butler (newly promoted from being a waiter nice guy but lacked the finesse or skill as a butler) got wrong. 

If only I’d known but I will but it to the test on the b2b coming up

33 minutes ago, uktog said:

Interesting never had it. AND was charged for pressing on Pursuit last November so either it’s new or it was yet another thing our inadequate new butler (newly promoted from being a waiter nice guy but lacked the finesse or skill as a butler) got wrong. 

Indian, from Delhi, young, tall, dark haired?  If so, he has improved no end.  He was excellent and a really lovely chap.

Ours brought it to our attention on the first day.  I waited a day to see how the creases dropped, then sent some of DH’s linen shirts and a linen dress.

2 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Indian, from Delhi, young, tall, dark haired?  If so, he has improved no end.  He was excellent and a really lovely chap.

Ours brought it to our attention on the first day.  I waited a day to see how the creases dropped, then sent some of DH’s linen shirts and a linen dress.

No I know him and I wish we had had him

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Padam?  If it was, he is excellent. 

Phil 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Werangels said:

Yes.  I was trying to remember his name.  We really liked him.

Yes he is good wish we had had him instead of who we had

5 hours ago, uktog said:

Pressing 2 items per person has been a perk for suites for many years.

3 minutes ago, Belfastman said:

Pressing 2 items per person has been a perk for suites for many years.

Thanks, been in suites since 2008 and no one has ever offered it to us.  To be fair never asked for it but for the first time on Pursuit had to get pressing (poor packing in a hurry) and gave it to the butler - we were charged so wish I had known.  Will know for the next trip.

It sounds like the hairdryer is mediocre, but I am still unclear about which wattage to bring. It sounds like my 1875 wattage will be too powerful.

What does work? Utog, good to know about the GHD. Is it 1600 watts?

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Worldsurfer

I don't know about fans.  I assume if it's small enough you can bring your own.  Don't believe they have any but you can always ask.  The A/C in the room is pretty good - keeps things at nice constant temp without blowing everything around.

There's a hairdryer already in the stateroom (not sure of wattage but it looked to be a full sized one). You can also bring your own along with curling irons, straighteners, etc. as long as it runs on standard voltage.  Many of the outlets are actually European plugs so you might want to bring a few adapters with you.

Steamers - absolutely not.  They will x-ray your bags during embarkation and will confiscate any irons or steamers and hold them until you disembark at the end of your cruise.  They are very strict about this as these are fire hazards.

As stated above you can have garments pressed through the laundry service.  Irons/ironing boards are available in the self-service laundry on deck 7.

Edited by dhall711

1 hour ago, Worldsurfer said:

It sounds like the hairdryer is mediocre, but I am still unclear about which wattage to bring. It sounds like my 1875 wattage will be too powerful.

What does work? Utog, good to know about the GHD. Is it 1600 watts?

Thanks in advance.

It’s the 1800 watt one so that gives you a benchmark