Oosterdam Upgrade Question

MarKandi

Can anyone tell me if the Oosterdam has been recently refurbished?

We were on the Eurodam last April and it had an updated in-room TV/entertainment system that had options of approximately 100 movies and shows.

Was curious if the Oosterdam has been updated with the same system as we are bringing kids this time.

Thanks in advance 🙂

The Oosterdam is scheduled for dry dock in early December for a week.  My guess is if they plan to replace carpeting, new entertainment systems, etc that would be the likely time.  I think it's been about 2-3 years since last dry dock.

23 minutes ago, twentyknots said:

The Oosterdam is scheduled for dry dock in early December for a week.  My guess is if they plan to replace carpeting, new entertainment systems, etc that would be the likely time.  I think it's been about 2-3 years since last dry dock.

Oosterdam had her most recent dry-dock between 20 March - 02 April last year (2018). HAL ships go into their dry-dock period on the avg every two and a half to three years so she is not due for a dry-dock this year since hat would be too early. It is her older Vista-class sister Zuiderdam that's going "under the knife" later this year in December

6 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

Oosterdam had her most recent dry-dock between 20 March - 02 April last year (2018). HAL ships go into their dry-dock period on the avg every two and a half to three years so she is not due for a dry-dock this year since hat would be too early. It is her older Vista-class sister Zuiderdam that's going "under the knife" later this year in December

and the Noordam in Sept.

47 minutes ago, Copper10-8 said:

You are correct.  My mistake.

We sailed on the Oosterdam in Feb. and our Neptune Suite had the new updated TV and it was great. We could watch shows on HGTV, PBS (cooking shows like America's Test Kitchen), MSNBC. Don't know if it's available ship-wide though.