Grand Princess - Caribe Balcony

CruiseNut24

19 minutes ago, CruiseNut24 said:

Looking to see if anyone can tell me if the balconies on Grand Deck 10 ( Caribe)  are larger than the other balconies?  Looking to book on the Grand and seeing if Deck 10 balcony is the way to go.  

TIA 

Yes!  They are the best/largest regular cabin balcony and are half covered.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Yes!  They are the best/largest regular cabin balcony and are half covered.

Except they aren't really regular any longer.  Aren't they all premium now?

Oh, I guess not as the ones very forward and very aft are not premium.

Edited by steelers36
Correct premium note.

5 hours ago, steelers36 said:

Except they aren't really regular any longer.  Aren't they all premium now?

Oh, I guess not as the ones very forward and very aft are not premium.

Premium only means location, mid ship, and slightly high fare. Cabins forward to aft are the same.

Edited by skynight

10 hours ago, CruiseNut24 said:

Looking to see if anyone can tell me if the balconies on Grand Deck 10 ( Caribe)  are larger than the other balconies?  Looking to book on the Grand and seeing if Deck 10 balcony is the way to go.  

TIA 

We try to book the Caribe balconies on the Grand and Grand like class of ships. As Colo Cruiser mentioned they are larger and half covered.  If you are booked on a warm weather cruise, the balconies will get much use, even in rainy situations. Likewise, they are very nice for balcony dining. They are well worth the modest premium up-charge compared to the other balconies in my opinion.

• Like 1

Caribe balconies are larger. However, those above have an excellent view looking down at the half of the balcony that extends out. Took a little getting used to looking up and seeing others at the rail of their balcony. 

The forward and aft sections of Caribe deck are an excellent value.  Interior is exactly like any other balcony cabin, but the extra Large balcony can be had at the same price or a small up charge.  I usually see them for $30-50 pp more than the cheapest balcony.    If you can book during a 3 for free promo they are priced the same as the lowest balcony cabin category.  

I'm booked on Grand on Carrib deck, in 424, a large suite, almost dead center of the vessel.  Anyone know this particular suite or that small cluster of suites?  I've never cruised with Princess before and wanting to know more.  Advise!

45 minutes ago, 2old4this said:

I'm booked on Grand on Carrib deck, in 424, a large suite, almost dead center of the vessel.  Anyone know this particular suite or that small cluster of suites?  I've never cruised with Princess before and wanting to know more.  Advise!

Nice cabin, nice location. Your balcony will be very large, believe 18' wide and 9' deep, and half covered. Being in a full suite you will be able to have the mimosa breakfast each morning an club class dining for dinner and sea day lunches. There are many additional benefits.

Caribe deck balconies are my go-to favorites on ships of that class, especially in the most forward section. I try to book early before the ones closest to the mid-forward section, the next section back, are all taken, as the forward cabin fares are a bit less les than the mid-forward ones but the "ride" is about the same as those that are closer to the mid section.

We have a cruise coming up soon on the Grand, and we booked cabin C239. Coincidentally, we were in that exact same cabin last year and it's great location.

Edited by flamomo
addition
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, skynight said:

Nice cabin, nice location. Your balcony will be very large, believe 18' wide and 9' deep, and half covered. Being in a full suite you will be able to have the mimosa breakfast each morning an club class dining for dinner and sea day lunches. There are many additional benefits.

Thank you Skynight.  What else should I anticipate in the way of benefits?  I don't want to miss a thing on this 15 day gig to and from Hawaii.  Space, large balcony, location, and the benefits really make this reservation worth the cash.  What about laundry and WiFi, Skynight?

Jack_Pakistan_2005.jpg

3 hours ago, wdwfan22 said:

I guess you can't go buy the deck plans pages on Princess. Because on that the Dolphin balconies look like they are the biggest. Is that not true? 

Yes, but cabins on Dolphin are mini suites, not balcony cabins. Largest balconies would be the suites (except for window suites on a few Grand class ships).