Carnival Cruise Line stock

2 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

Wow, so smart.

I hope you are not saying to be safe buy utilities? That would be the advise a stock broker would do to make money for themselves. Cruise line stock, as many other stocks will go up and down. So what. That is the stock market. Want a safe place. Stay out of the stock market all together. 

13 hours ago, twodaywonder said:

You will get more in the dividend.

Yes, you will, but the question is - are you buying the stock to make money on the stock or are you buying the 100 shares to get the Carnival OBC benefits? My approach is the OBC. I am not playing the market with these 100 share to make a windfall. The money I spent for the stock is not considered an investment for the future in my scheme of things. I get the same OBC no matter the share price at the time. Now, if Carnival changes the OBC awarding next year to "0", then I will sell my 100 shares as soon as they are priced to get my money back. The $38 per share I paid has been returned in OBC and dividends in my journey to Diamond and beyond. Win, Win!

• Like 1

That's one way to look at it.  Plus in the mean time you get a few $ in dividend.

If you have the extra $ to buy, want the benefits, and it is a small portion of your equity assets, you'll be fine holding for a long term, regardless of price. 

On 8/15/2019 at 1:42 PM, bamaone said:

Bought 100 shares at $44.10 today ($4415 after fees).

Will get $100 on board credit and dividend payout of $50 on 9/13/19.

OK, I know I'm quoting my post but I just wanted to give an up date since I've heard from Carnival. 

Bought my stock yesterday. Sent my purchase confirmation from Schwab this morning at 0800 and got an e-mail from Carnival at noon stating the following:

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder on board credit. The credit has been applied to your reservation and will be posted on your sail and sign account. 
We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us. Best Regards, 
Austin Blake 
Guest Admin 
Carnival Cruise Line 

Takes a day and I have an extra $100 to spend plus Carnival stock at a 5 year low! 

Grrrrrr. I wish I could convince my wife to invest in Carnival. I'm convinced it is a good investment with a good yield in today's market(4.15%), WITH the added perk of OBC. Congratulations on a wise investment.

31 minutes ago, bluesman0711 said:

4.5% yield, OBC on a B2B in December, sell the stock after. Nice return.

Even better(4.5%)r! Why sell if it is performing well, plus the quarterly dividends, plus the OBC benefits?

Edited by Joe817
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, bamaone said:

OK, I know I'm quoting my post but I just wanted to give an up date since I've heard from Carnival. 

Bought my stock yesterday. Sent my purchase confirmation from Schwab this morning at 0800 and got an e-mail from Carnival at noon stating the following:

Thank you for providing us with the required documentation in order to process your shareholder on board credit. The credit has been applied to your reservation and will be posted on your sail and sign account. 
We value your business and hope that you will enjoy a fun and memorable cruise with us. Best Regards, 
Austin Blake 
Guest Admin 
Carnival Cruise Line 

Takes a day and I have an extra $100 to spend plus Carnival stock at a 5 year low! 

Hoping for a speedy reply!  What Carnival email address did you use?  Thanks!

1 hour ago, ForSharonB said:

Hoping for a speedy reply!  What Carnival email address did you use?  Thanks!

This is the email address. guestadmin@carnival.com I do not think they accept the request for OBC. it must be faxed or snail mail. I send it in the mail and it takes about a week to get the reply.

55 minutes ago, twodaywonder said:

This is the email address. guestadmin@carnival.com I do not think they accept the request for OBC. it must be faxed or snail mail. I send it in the mail and it takes about a week to get the reply.

I faxed mine. Luckily I had access to one at thee office. (who uses those things anymore?)  Got the credit e-main from Carnival 4 hrs later. Download and follow the instructions from the link.            

http://www.carnivalcorp.com/phoenix.zhtml?c=140690&p=irol-sharebenefit

• Like 1