Labadee Large Group Cabana

alleghator

We will be cruising August 2020 with extended family (10 of us altogether), and I'm interested in getting a cabana on Labadee. Are they all the same size? The descriptions I've seen just say two loungers or floats. How are larger groups accommodated?

The bungalows have a max of 8 people. I got lucky with my group of 10 arriving in 2 groups, with 2 different people checking us in. The first attendant seemed like he was going to be strict regarding the limit and my husband and I were prepared to sit out. But before I knew what was happening, the rest of the 10 were let in by the other attendant. 

To answer your questions from the other post: yes, we all had wristbands, and, you reserve the bungalows on the cruise planner. There are only eight of them and they sold out quickly, but I kept watching and someone must have canceled, because I was eventually able to book one. I think the only way to guarantee 10 people getting in is to book 2 bungalows. 

We shared the 2 float mats. It worked out okay. 

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/23/2019 at 2:08 PM, indy71 said:

The bungalows have a max of 8 people. I got lucky with my group of 10 arriving in 2 groups, with 2 different people checking us in. The first attendant seemed like he was going to be strict regarding the limit and my husband and I were prepared to sit out. But before I knew what was happening, the rest of the 10 were let in by the other attendant. 

To answer your questions from the other post: yes, we all had wristbands, and, you reserve the bungalows on the cruise planner. There are only eight of them and they sold out quickly, but I kept watching and someone must have canceled, because I was eventually able to book one. I think the only way to guarantee 10 people getting in is to book 2 bungalows. 

We shared the 2 float mats. It worked out okay. 

I see there are cabanas (on Nellies) for $500+ and bungalows (not sure where) for $250 can you tell me the difference and do you have any pictures? Trying to decide if it’s worth it....

we had a over the water cabana a few years ago but it was $275 then! 

There are 6 of us. 

The bungalows are at Columbus Cove. I don’t know about the cabanas because they were out of my price range. You might be able to read the descriptions on the cruise planner to understand the differences. 

• 2 weeks later...

Cabanas are around Nellie's Beach and accommodate up to six.

Bungalows are at the far end of Columbus Cove and accommodate up to eight. 

Cabanas include the "hut" and also a "porch" whereas bungalows are just the "hut" part without the porch in front.  Cabanas are a bit more private/secluded than bungalows.  

Bungalows are at Columbus Cove, which has a food pavilion for the lunch buffet; Nellie's doesn't have a buffet there, you have to walk over to one of the other locations for lunch.  

• 2 weeks later...

we did the bungalow and it was great... beach is roped off so it is private.... you have chaise lounges in the sun if you want and the l shape couch in the bungalow seats a lot of people,, at least 6 or 8 at once... as for the floats.. we tipped the attendant and got a float for everyone... cash works for them...i don't remember but we tipped either 1 or 2 per extra float and it was worth it..and more towels... they give you the same cooler with bottles of water that the cabanas get... it was a better value than the cabanas and close to the water yet private and roped off with attendants watching...I would definitely do it again... we caught a sale on the bungalows and I think it was 200  ... I'm not sure how you get 10 wrist bands tho.. we got 8

Cabanas on Barefoot Beach will book for six people.  They are restricted to suite guest RSVP's only.  But only one person needs to be in a suite and then can invite non-suite guest (up to five) in.  We have booked a cabana on barefoot a couple of times and they are great.  Last time both DW and I each reserved one and then invited all the kids and grandkids.  We were actually one person over the limit, but she was three years old and nobody cared or counted.  

• 1 month later...

We did the cabana's on Columbus Cove. We got two of them so technically they would hold 16. We had 22 in our group and the attendants gave everyone a wrist band. They dragged extra chairs out for us and we shared the float mats... We really enjoyed the proximity to the bar and food too!! Great day. We tipped them extra cash and all was good. 

14 hours ago, SKSMIKE5 said:

We did the cabana's on Columbus Cove. We got two of them so technically they would hold 16. We had 22 in our group and the attendants gave everyone a wrist band. They dragged extra chairs out for us and we shared the float mats... We really enjoyed the proximity to the bar and food too!! Great day. We tipped them extra cash and all was good. 

I think you mean the beach bungalows, not cabanas.

Cabanas are at Nellie's (and Barefoot, for suite guests) and hold up to six people.  Bungalows are at Columbus and hold up to eight people.