Island Princess F703, F705, F707 (Or P605?)

metairiegal

Sorry - more questions about the Island...

Where are the newly added rooms on the Island Princess?  Just wondering if they include the area of F703, F705, F707?

Has anyone stayed in any of these cabins?  Is this a noisy area because they are close to the Fitness Center?  What about motion in this aft area? 

And, are the beds on the side wall instead of under the window?  (I kinda prefer the beds on the side wall.)

We are trying to decide between these cabins and P605.  In some pictures it looks like the window is bigger in F703, F705, F707 compared to P605? 

Any info would be appreciated.

I haven't stayed in these cabins, but I do have pictures of the windows that I took this past May.  They all appear to be the same size.  These are port side but should be identical to starboard.  The first picture shows the Fiesta aft windows and the Plaza cabins windows that are more midships.  The second picture is the Fiesta windows straight on and the Third picture is the Plaza windows straight on.  I'd be concerned in the Plaza cabins about the potential noise from the public walkways above on Fiesta. It's the walk way by Explorers and the photo area, typically quite crowed.  In the Fiesta cabins you'd have cabins above you but crew area below.  Crew areas are a crap shoot in my opinion.  Hopefully someone whose stayed in these cabins will pipe in.

IMG_5948.JPG

IMG_5950.JPG

IMG_5955.JPG

I booked P612 at first but realized that the cabin was right below the Explorer's stage!!  🤯

Luckily I was able to switch to F703 which looks like a much quieter area. I doubt that having the gym across the hall would be noisy...surely they have a door that stays shut. I'm actually happy to be near the gym since I go there every other day and my cruise will be 2 months long.

8 hours ago, HaveDogWillTravel said:

I haven't stayed in these cabins, but I do have pictures of the windows that I took this past May.  They all appear to be the same size.  These are port side but should be identical to starboard.  The first picture shows the Fiesta aft windows and the Plaza cabins windows that are more midships.  The second picture is the Fiesta windows straight on and the Third picture is the Plaza windows straight on.  I'd be concerned in the Plaza cabins about the potential noise from the public walkways above on Fiesta. It's the walk way by Explorers and the photo area, typically quite crowed.  In the Fiesta cabins you'd have cabins above you but crew area below.  Crew areas are a crap shoot in my opinion.  Hopefully someone whose stayed in these cabins will pipe in.

IMG_5948.JPG

IMG_5950.JPG

IMG_5955.JPG

Are the Plaza windows large and the Fiesta windows small?

2 hours ago, Go-Bucks! said:

Are the Plaza windows large and the Fiesta windows small?

The plaza windows are one deck below and forward of the aft fiesta windows. The first picture shows the fiesta windows that start  just below the S in Cruises and aft.  Those large windows forward on the fiesta deck are for public spaces...explorers lounge. Now there are some fiesta deck cabins midships F502-510 port-side (none midship on starboard),  and I’m not sure where their windows start. Maybe someone who’s stayed in them can speak to the size of those fiesta windows. But the plaza deck PAX cabins all seem to have the same size windows as the aft fiestas. 

I was in F504 this summer. It has one of the large windows--the ones with three sections. I went to the fitness center several times, primarily early in the morning before breakfast. It is not noisy at all.

DSCN4392.JPG

Edited by geoherb
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎7‎/‎25‎/‎2019 at 10:01 AM, HaveDogWillTravel said:

That’s a great window! And definitely quite large. Midships fiesta seem to be the best OV! 

In a midship Fiesta cabin, can you hear the chairs being moved around and scraping on the Promenade deck that is above?