A few NCL (Breakaway) Platinum questions...

mitsugirly

On 7/23/2019 at 5:06 PM, mitsugirly said:

t sucks they don't have platinum benefits for children. 😞 My 11 year old has been on 21 cruises now. I wish they would do "something" for them. But that is life...

the good thing once she turns 18 with NCL she will receive whatever level she will be at

18 hours ago, MNcruisingcouple said:

Yes, we were eating breakfast there when he got the sodas.  The O'Sheehan's bar wasn't open that early, but I believe the Atrium bar was where the waiter got the soda.  Atrium bar is one floor down from O'Sheehan's, so you could check there for soda in the morning.

Thanks

On 7/23/2019 at 10:06 PM, mitsugirly said:

It sucks they don't have platinum benefits for children. 😞 My 11 year old has been on 21 cruises now. I wish they would do "something" for them. But that is life...

Our son is 14 and would be platinum plus if it wasn’t for his age.

He doesn’t care about the perks (Mum and Dad buy him the dining package anyway), but he always gets really annoyed at having an orange “welcome to Norwegian” keycard instead of the “welcome back” ones that we get. It was a major victory for him on our last cruise as we bought the dining package onboard so he needed a new keycard and was given a welcome back one. 🙂

• Like 1

4 hours ago, cincicruisers said:

Great that means there will be a Mitsugirly review!!  Enjoy your cruise.

I know, right?

I've been on Getaway and Escape and loved both, but for some reason never had a desire to try Breakaway. There are some really great longer itineraries coming up in 2020 and 2021, so now I might have to change my thinking and a Mitsugirly review might be all I need for confirmation!

Just now, ourfamilylovescruising said:

if you find a bartender you like and gets to know you , Just ask for a full can to take to your room a tip can go a long way 😉

my husband always find one he likes and brings me an unopen can all the time.

I forgot to add this he always tells them  it will get him out of the dog house LOL

For the free bag of laundry, you get 1 voucher along with the rest of the Platinum package. But since the laundry perk is per member, not per cabin, what you do is write PLATINUM on the 2nd bag, along with your name.

Edited by tempus137

22 hours ago, KeithJenner said:

Our son is 14 and would be platinum plus if it wasn’t for his age.

He doesn’t care about the perks (Mum and Dad buy him the dining package anyway), but he always gets really annoyed at having an orange “welcome to Norwegian” keycard instead of the “welcome back” ones that we get. It was a major victory for him on our last cruise as we bought the dining package onboard so he needed a new keycard and was given a welcome back one. 🙂

Hmmm, I've never really noticed the color or what it said. I'll have to pay better attention next time or look at some of our old cards for my daughter. But, our daughter does enjoy some of the perks. I know she would enjoy the dining, her own bag of laundry and she's always the one that eats the chocolate covered strawberries. :)

21 hours ago, cincicruisers said:

Great that means there will be a Mitsugirly review!!  Enjoy your cruise.

Yep, there sure will be.

16 hours ago, Carolina Girl 99 said:

I know, right?

I've been on Getaway and Escape and loved both, but for some reason never had a desire to try Breakaway. There are some really great longer itineraries coming up in 2020 and 2021, so now I might have to change my thinking and a Mitsugirly review might be all I need for confirmation!

Hmm, funny that you say that since Breakaway and Getaway are basically the same. We've already done the Breakaway (so there's already a review from me out there), but it was to Bermuda and it was a blast...back when they had the fireworks right off the ship!

I'm really not into sailing the same ship more than once, but I really didn't have a choice this time around. But it's a fun and good ship so I think I'll survive.  🤣

9 hours ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

I forgot to add this he always tells them  it will get him out of the dog house LOL

LOL

9 hours ago, ourfamilylovescruising said:

if you find a bartender you like and gets to know you , Just ask for a full can to take to your room a tip can go a long way 😉

my husband always find one he likes and brings me an unopen can all the time.

Does NCL not offer the cans that you can buy online and have waiting in the room? I was thinking they did but can't locate them.

1 hour ago, tempus137 said:

For the free bag of laundry, you get 1 voucher along with the rest of the Platinum package. But since the laundry perk is per member, not per cabin, what you do is write PLATINUM on the 2nd bag, along with your name.

They always given me just 1 bag for some reason (even though they know we have 2 platinum guest in the room) and I've always had to ask for another. I have never wrote Platinum on it and just told the room steward. Maybe they have always wrote it on there for me? I'm taking a magic marker this time! Thanks for the heads up.

On 7/24/2019 at 5:58 PM, mitsugirly said:

On another note...why is it none of my pictures are showing up as a picture within my post??? Did they change things up again? All I see is a link.

Do you have a specific post/review/posts with picture(s) not showing up ??  

I randomly checked your 2016 NCL Jade Review and the pix posted/uploaded looked fine to me.  If your pictures are/were housed on a server, maybe those links are broken ??  

10 minutes ago, mking8288 said:

Do you have a specific post/review/posts with picture(s) not showing up ??  

I randomly checked your 2016 NCL Jade Review and the pix posted/uploaded looked fine to me.  If your pictures are/were housed on a server, maybe those links are broken ??  

I was referring to my post on this thread where I posted the below...

On 7/24/2019 at 5:55 PM, mitsugirly said:

HA! Just discovered this pic I took on the Breakaway....

https://photos.smugmug.com/BREAKAWAY/SHIP-PICTURES/i-RjTLZLC/0/89d93f85/L/PA090265 copy-L.jpg

I'm crossing my fingers that it will still have diet in it again.

I don't see the actual picture showing up within the thread. All I see is the link to smugmug. ?? 🤷‍♀️

Got it - I see the picture now, just fine on desktop PC's Chrome browser, also on Android 9.0 Pie's stock browser.  However, it's not opening the link on mobile Tapatalk, which I also use.  

It could be just how CC's server housed & store the links ... (since the CC site did its major upgrade last October)

Edited by mking8288

1 minute ago, mking8288 said:

Got it - I see the picture now, just fine on desktop PC's Chrome browser, also on Android 9.0 Pie's stock browser.  However, it's not opening the link on mobile Tapatalk, which I also use.  

It could be just how CC's server housed & store the links ... (since the CC site did its major upgrade last October)

Yea, I'm on a computer (mozilla/firefox) and it's just showing a link for me. Odd!

On 7/26/2019 at 4:34 PM, mitsugirly said:

Does NCL not offer the cans that you can buy online and have waiting in the room? I was thinking they did but can't locate them.

Honestly, I think that is Carnival.  NCL lets you buy packages of water, but not soda for delivery to your room.  Heck, Carnival even delivered bottles of liquor to your room......(or at least they used to.)