Outlets on Amsterdam

Moriah

We have an Ocean View cabin on Amsterdam next month, and from memory, I think there are only 2 outlets - both above the desk?  One two prong European, and one American? Is this correct, or is there another outlet next to the couch where the lamp is plugged in perhaps?  This will be the first time we are renting a fridge, which I understand will be either on the desk, or under it, so I'm assuming plugged into one of the aforementioned outlets.  This would leave just one available for charging laptops, ipads, and phones for two people...

Can anyone confirm exactly how many outlets there are in the OV cabins on Amsterdam and where they are?  I do realize of course that we can ask for or bring a power strip, etc. We can also bring one of those multi-outlet adapters thingies, and will if we have to, we have before, but they take up room themselves, and hoping to avoid. If there is just one additional outlet in the cabin we'll be okay.  I'm really just asking if anyone knows exactly how these cabins are equipped for outlets, and I'll decide from there what we need to bring. Thanks in advance!!!!

You are correct as to the number and location of outlets in the outside cabins on the Amsterdam. If there is another outlet by the couch, I am unaware of it. I know that the inside cabins, with an end table and lamp, do not appear to have an outlet.

I bring a cube style triple tap, which gives more than enough outlets for me, and takes up very little space.

1 minute ago, RuthC said:

You are correct as to the number and location of outlets in the outside cabins on the Amsterdam. If there is another outlet by the couch, I am unaware of it. I know that the inside cabins, with an end table and lamp, do not appear to have an outlet.

I bring a cube style triple tap, which gives more than enough outlets for me, and takes up very little space.

Thanks so much for confirming that, Ruth.  I guess we'll bring something like that as well.  We'll definitely need more than one outlet with the fridge taking up one of them... The thing we had last year was unnecessarily large - I'll look for something like what you have.  Do you have a photo by any chance? Thanks again.

43 minutes ago, Moriah said:

Do you have a photo by any chance?

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=cube+taps&gclid=CjwKCAjwg-DpBRBbEiwAEV1_-EPipaHLyTiTQh9a_vq75U9L-DYsCb1FsD81zxrOy0qXRjmXYWmjaxoCXSIQAvD_BwE&hvadid=241643701126&hvdev=c&hvlocphy=9011832&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=157491395292351841&hvtargid=aud-649564993678%3Akwd-2422939573&hydadcr=26614_9892225&tag=googhydr-20&ref=pd_sl_4zasuij8ft_e

If that link doesn't work just Google "cube tap". Get them at any hardware store or Home supply. DH "stacks" two of them to get 5 outlets.

Edited by catl331

9 minutes ago, Crew News said:

Since most cell phones/tablets/laptops are multi-voltage, I strongly recommend the following European-to-US adapters that will let you take advantage of the Eurporean plug to plug-in those devices:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004SY5O5K/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Yes, good point.  I actually have some of these (there are some models that are actually a little slimmer) as I travel often overseas, and I always bring one for just the reason you mentioned - to take advantage of the "extra" outlet in the cabin. 

I tap into the two prong outlet with a four USB port I got on amazon. I’d take a picture but it is already in my suitcase since we leave for the Amsterdam in a few days. My suggestion no matter what you use is to check after your room is cleaned. The stewards use the outlet for their vacuum and sometimes get busy and forget to plug your stuff back in. 

5 hours ago, lindaler said:

I tap into the two prong outlet with a four USB port I got on amazon. I’d take a picture but it is already in my suitcase since we leave for the Amsterdam in a few days. My suggestion no matter what you use is to check after your room is cleaned. The stewards use the outlet for their vacuum and sometimes get busy and forget to plug your stuff back in. 

That's a good suggestion. With only one outlet we need to be creative since the adaptive light flash door knocker stays plugged in. We're on the same cruise, I think just down the hall from you on deck 3?

7 hours ago, lindaler said:

Good advice!  Forgot they need our outlet for vacuuming as well! I hope they don't unplug our fridge to vacuum ! 

6 hours ago, Cruising Is Bliss said:

That's a good suggestion. With only one outlet we need to be creative since the adaptive light flash door knocker stays plugged in. We're on the same cruise, I think just down the hall from you on deck 3?

There is a n outlet in the bathroom designed for electric razors that you might be able to use for the light flasher. The only thing wrong with that outlet is it's very high.