Seatac-Port Transfer Question

Italy52

This may seem like a silly question but it has been years since we used a cruise line transfer, but I am wondering if this is the easiest thing to do at this pier. Question-  After we disembark and get our luggage I have read we need to pray for a porter. (Not numerous at this port?)  So, in the event we cannot flag down a porter how far away are the buses?  Will someone there handle our luggage?  

We have used taxis or a limo most often, but I read they are located a distance from where we exit the building. Can anyone help?

4 minutes ago, turquoisesea said:

This may seem like a silly question but it has been years since we used a cruise line transfer, but I am wondering if this is the easiest thing to do at this pier. Question-  After we disembark and get our luggage I have read we need to pray for a porter. (Not numerous at this port?)  So, in the event we cannot flag down a porter how far away are the buses?  Will someone there handle our luggage?  

We have used taxis or a limo most often, but I read they are located a distance from where we exit the building. Can anyone help?

Oh no. the area where you exit after getting your luggage it is not that far of a walk at all to the buses.

1 hour ago, turquoisesea said:

Take a look at the photo below. The first transfer bus that will go to the airport will be located where the regular sized bus on the far side of the covered walkway on the other side of the photo is located. The buses that will have passengers who will have all their bags with them will be positioned from there on out to just short of where the 1st tall light standard is located past that first bus. From that light standard one for the next 3 slots will be the buses who will be taking passengers who have only their carry-on bags with them. (Those are the people who will be participating in the Port Valet program and their bags will have been picked up from in front of their stateroom on the ship the night before and they won't see their bags until they reach their destination airport. (It's a free service provided by the Port of Seattle and is a great deal. See the document I've attached to this message for more info.

Tom

Pier91GroundTransportationLot.jpg.993a0052434ecf2e1726f224d49206ae.jpg

Port Valet Program.txt

2 hours ago, turquoisesea said:

I found there to be way more porters as we disembarked, we found one right away. When we did embarkation we couldn’t find one. 

Have you thought about the port valet if you are going to Seatac?

It's a free service and worked flawlessly for us.  We put our bags out the night before and didn't seem them until the baggage claim at our home airport.  Then all you need is a taxi or uber which are readily available during disembarkation days.  Heck, you could even save some money and take the bus and light rail to the airport.

https://www.portseattle.org/page/port-valet-enjoy-seattle-luggage-free

Edited by cruisingrob21

Since you were helpful with the cost of Princess transfers to the ship, I have another question.  Let's say we arrive the day before embarkation and stay at a hotel close to the airport.  We shuttle back to the airport the day of embarkation and use the Princess transfers.  How does that work?  Is this possible or can we only use transfers if we fly in the day of embarkation.

9 minutes ago, Italy52 said:

Since you were helpful with the cost of Princess transfers to the ship, I have another question.  Let's say we arrive the day before embarkation and stay at a hotel close to the airport.  We shuttle back to the airport the day of embarkation and use the Princess transfers.  How does that work?  Is this possible or can we only use transfers if we fly in the day of embarkation.

yes you can absolutely grab that shuttle from the airport if you want to drive back to the airport after the night at the hotel. Usually they have representatives for Princess Cruises down at baggage claim that will direct you where to go for the shuttle.

Or if you decide to do like uber it's roughly $36 to $46 to the pier from the airport. To give you a rough idea. that way you don't have to sit waiting for a shuttle bus to fill up to take you down to the Pier from the cruise line. 

Edited by Jeter02
  • Like 1

Just now, Jeter02 said:

yes you can absolutely grab that shuttle from the airport if you want to drive back to the airport after the night at the hotel. Usually they have representatives for Princess Cruises down at baggage claim that will direct you where to go for the shuttle.

Thanks again for your help, I appreciate it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Italy52 said:

If you are staying near the DoubleTree Hotel by the airport, there may not even be a need to go back to the airport to catch the shuttle. There will be 2 ladies at that hotel the morning of departure to process the Princess passengers who were at that hotel that previous night. They'll be there starting a bit after 7:30am or so so stop by their location (ask at the desk where they are located) and ask them if they will have space on their bus. If they do, they may be able to put you on their bus and that might save you a bit of hassle. Their buses start heading to the pier about 10:30am which is the same time the buses from the airport begin going to the pier.

Tom

10 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

If you are staying near the DoubleTree Hotel by the airport, there may not even be a need to go back to the airport to catch the shuttle. There will be 2 ladies at that hotel the morning of departure to process the Princess passengers who were at that hotel that previous night. They'll be there starting a bit after 7:30am or so so stop by their location (ask at the desk where they are located) and ask them if they will have space on their bus. If they do, they may be able to put you on their bus and that might save you a bit of hassle. Their buses start heading to the pier about 10:30am which is the same time the buses from the airport begin going to the pier.

Tom

Thank you for the information, I appreciate it.